"profile" amps?

chevyshortbed88
chevyshortbed88 Posts: 12
edited December 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I was looking threw crutchfields web site and saw a "profile" amp. They are pretty cheap for what they are. I was just woundering if anybody has ever heard of them or used one. How do they perform? Also this might sound dumb but can I run two speakers and two amps with a 2 channel amp?

here is the link to the amp.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-o1oD8xirSI0/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=110&I=489AP2000

Tell me what you think about it, thanks
When in dout gas it
Post edited by chevyshortbed88 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2004
    theyre pretty solid amps for the price
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by chevyshortbed88
    Also this might sound dumb but can I run two speakers and two amps with a 2 channel amp?
    Did you mean 2 speakers and 2 subs?
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2004
    Agreed. As far as "budget" amps go, those are about the best. Good build quality and clean power.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited December 2004
    I have used Profile extensively in many budget installs wih much success. I have yet to hear anyone complain for any reason about them. Good, solid clean power. Don't expect them to be under-rated in the power department though. They pretty much put out what they are rated at. However, the amps are pretty stout for the money even at rated power levels. They are also clean with average THD being around .05-.08% which is about what alot of the higher end amps run at. They also have decent slew rates. As what was said earlier, they are well built amps with beefy, MOSFET power supplies and good build quality. You can't really find anything better at those prices except for maybe some of the Kenwood amps.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited December 2004
    Yeah, I've used Profile amps in the last couple installs I've done/had... They're great amps. Really cheap and they put out decent, clean power (as everyone else says). I've had no reliability issues with them. I even had one mounted to my sub box which wasn't secured and one time while cornering hard, the box flew (literally) into the side of my car and put a big ol dent into the amp, yet I never had any problems with it. This was my first system back when I just started driving so I've learned my lession since.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX