Wiring for my brand new system..Please give advice.

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok I have just got done buying all the parts to my new system which will be getting installed into my new truck. Anyway while I wait for everything to get shipped to me (CANT WAIT!!) I have decided to start looking into the wiring for the system. I took a pretty long time piecing the system together so now I wanna make sure I get the best wires to go with it. Here is my setup.

Front Doors - Polk/MOMO MMC6500 speakers

Back Doors - Polk/MOMO MMC650 speakers

Subs - 2x Polk/MOMO MM124 in OBCON SS122 - .88 box

Amps - 2x Polk/MOMO C300.2 for the subs and Polk/MOMO C400.4 for the speakers.

And finally the headunit is...

Pioneer AVIC-N1

So the questions are:

Should I use Tsunami since my buddy works at Circuit City and get the wires pretty much 50% off?

What should I use for RCA's?

Also if anyone knows I hear a rumor that the AVIC-N1 wont talk to you when using the NAV system unless there is a speaker hooked directly up to the headunit, which there wont be for me, anyone know that for sure?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2004
    If you can get Tsunami for 50% off jump all over that. Tsunami is what Im using for all power wires. They are as good as anything out there.

Same goes with RCA's. Their top of the line cables are as good as you can get anywhere else, especially if you can get them 50% off!! My personal favorite RCA's tho are Streetwires.

I know dick about GPS, video and other crap associated with head units so I cant help ya on that one.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited November 2004
    I agree about tsunami, i've got their 12ga speaker wire for my speakers, i think i got a 100ft roll for 30 bucks:D

go with 12ga for your fronts and rears,

12-8 ga(depends on what you can fit in the terminals) for the sub speaker wires

you'll probably want 2ga power wire... or 2 4ga lines (one for 4ch one for subs) what is the total amp rating of the amplifiers?? that'll determine what size powerwire you need
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!