Old school amp

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Anyone know the rms ratings for the Blaupunkt MPA 400?Im thinking of geting it for my brother's new car once my parents bring it in,that way I can squeeze in my planned upgrade without stocking my GNX104 sub in my room.

The store didn't have the box,it had stickers with power ratings (which we couldn't remember) but anyways no one was sure whether those were rms or peak.It was on consignment and was actually really cheap, I just couldn't find the specs on the net.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2004
    Personally I dont like anything Blaupunkt. Ive just never really like the build quality, looks or feel of their products.

If it were me Id look into something else.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2004
    We've had good experience with these over here in the Philippines;everyone from BMWs to Toyotas go for them since on regular prices everything's actually cheaper here (we have lower tariffs, I think).At the equivalent of $50 I had to think that over since my brother wasn't looking for anything fancy,unlike what Im planning to do with mine.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited December 2004
    in the late 80's I wanted Blaupunkt...they were th chit....today however.........