Amp recommendations for MOMO 10"

yamahaSHO
yamahaSHO Posts: 3
edited November 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello,

I am going to install a MOMO 10" sub in my car and I am looking for a good, clean, powerful amp to push it with. It is one of the original MOMO subs (400w RMS/ 800w pk). I've currently been looking at the MOMO mono subwoofer amp and an Infinity 610a MONOBLOCK amp as well. I am aware that both have a bit more power than the sub can handle(RMS), but can anyone shed some light if they have any experience with this sub or amps? I want to sub to recieve nice, clean power.

My dad is currently running the same sub in his toy car as well. He is using a JBL Powervalve. I've had experience with the 1200w RMS version and a few others, but I want to move on from JBL(even though they are owned by the same company as Infinity). He originally had two of these MOMO 10"s in his car, but as old school as he is, he did not need that much bass. His loss is my gain(free sub!)
dad%20momo.jpg

I've been out of the car audio scene for 4 years or so, my first system was extremely too loud. I had to have the gain on the amps all the way down and the bass could still cause discomfort in my throat. I guess that's what happens when you throw 1368w RMS at a couple Vega Series subs in a 5 cu/ft ported box :D (damn kids!!!)
225912_78_full.jpg

Thanks!
Post edited by yamahaSHO on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2004
    My first pick. This MTX is rated at 340x1 but will put out close to 400. With Polk subs you dont want to go over their rated power by much. This MTX is build like a tank and makes plenty of clean solid power.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited November 2004
    The C500.1 will only give you about 250- 300 watts at 4 ohms. The 500- 600+ watts output is at two ohms, which you'd see with both woofers or a DVC woofer (those Momos were only offered in 4 ohm).
  • yamahaSHO
    yamahaSHO Posts: 3
    edited November 2004
    I just noticed that. Someone else that was offering the amp misrepresented it. It will get me close at 350w rms.