Moving / Electronic Sub Enclosures

Cundall
Cundall Posts: 3
edited November 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hi

I'm trying to find some moving / electronic sub enclosures, like the ones displayed in 2 Fast 2 Furious (specifically the silver one with 2 amps on top that folds outs while the main techno theme tune is played).

Has anyone got any ideas as to where I could find them as I have spent hours looking?

Cheers

Chris
:D:D:D:D
Post edited by Cundall on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2004
    theyre custom, doubt youll find anyone that makes them
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2004
    custom and expensive
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited November 2004
    either learn how to build them yourself or pay out the ****$ to have one built for you...
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by Joelsbass
    either learn how to build them yourself or pay out the ****$ to have one built for you...

Agreed. Im sure your local shop would be more than happy to build one for ya.....at a mere $60/hr + materials. Shouldnt come up to much more than $4,000 or so! :eek:
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited November 2004
    If you buy me the parts and cook me dinner for a few nights I'll be happy to try!!! If not you better call up Xzibit so he can get his boys at West Coast to pimp yo ride. Maybe they'll add an expresso with it.... they have some guys who have logical everyday solutions over there from what i've seen
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Love,

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Cundall
    edited November 2004
    Ouch... $4000 .... I live in the UK so I can probably half it for the currency conversion but even still, very expensive, I see.

In ultimate dream land when I win the lottery / get that massive pay rise, where would I go to find the parts / kit to build it myself?

Cheers

Chris
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by Cundall
    In ultimate dream land when I win the lottery / get that massive pay rise, where would I go to find the parts / kit to build it myself?
    That's exactly the point...there is no kit. The entire thing was custom-made. Unless you're good at fiberglass, etc. (which, I'm guessing you're not, or you would already have built it) you'll have to pay someone to make it for you. Anyone good enough to do it, will charge accordingly, thus the hefty price tag.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • swerve
    edited November 2004
    I've never even seen what he is talking about :D:D . I refused to see F and the F and the 2nd one...

so if someone could hit me up w/ a video or something that'd be extremely rad dooders!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Cundall
    edited November 2004
    Hi,

Taken a screen shot from the movie to illistrate what I am after...

What I’d like is to have the sub inside with the twin amps on top so that it the amps open to reveal the awsome sub within...

I can’t make out the manufacturer name on the right amp as it gets really unclear when I enlarge it…. Any ideas?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    amp.zip 63.2K
  • swerve
    edited November 2004
    Wow that's pretttty.... overkill in my opinion. But whatever floats your boat =D. Hope you find and can afford what you are looking for!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...