Got an amp, and a question...

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey all,
I got my amp, I ended up getting the Lanzar Vibe 1200D because of the price, I was able to get a great deal and figured I'd try it. I would recommend this amp to anyone. Works great. Anyway, I have it running two MM100's. I'm running it at 2 ohms, which is about 800 watts rms total. I was just wondering if it would hurt anything to turn the level on the amp all the way up? I have it that way now, and there is no distortion or anything, and it sounds terrific, but I didn't know if there could be any long term affects. Also is there any way I could get these two subs to run at a 1 ohm load?
Thanks

C-Man
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sc0tty8
    sc0tty8 Posts: 69
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I never turn my gains more than 1/2. You will not be able to acheive a lower ohm load with out introducing another sub. Ohms law, and its one that can't be broken. You have 2x 4ohm woofers, you get 2 8 or 4 in stereo. You could add in another pair of subs though:)
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2002
    Options
    you are wrong ohms law is I=V/R P=I^2R
  • sc0tty8
    sc0tty8 Posts: 69
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by goingganzo
    you are wrong ohms law is I=V/R P=I^2R

:rolleyes: Explain how you can get a diff. ohm load then? SVC(single voice coil), 4ohm each, you can not get one with 2 woffers. You get a 2ohm or 4 ohm load in a parellel/series wiringing. Show me proof that you can get a lower or higher ohm load with 2 4ohm drivers. I would like to see this:rolleyes:
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2002
    Options
    i was not saying the restance of the subs you were saying was wrong but ohms law is I=V/R
  • badfam4
    badfam4 Posts: 11
    edited March 2002
    Options
    that amp can handle a 1ohm laod why bother
  • badfam4
    badfam4 Posts: 11
    edited March 2002
    Options
    if you want to get a 1 ohm load or even a 1/4 ohm get a lanzar optidrive 50c amp. i had 2 of them running 8 lanzar dc 15". i think you can get the old school amp for about $400.00 thats cheap considering i paid $1500.00 each for mine back in 97