What subs to go for-2

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited November 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
BAsially i have come up with some other brands as well.
My mate told be some JL audio is very good~(w0 series).

I just want clear Deep bass in my car.
Will u recommend jl over diamond.
ALso this new pioneer sub TSW121SPL any good, looks massive though.
How about if i go for Alpine SWS-1242D, or a 15" alpine sub.
and how is In Phase XT 12.

Out of all the above options what best 2 options would u people recommend and also tell me about the others if they are good or not. I REALLY WANNA GO FOR PIONEER AS THEY BREAND IS POPULAR, BUT I AM STILL CONFUSED.
Please if any one of u can , then goto www.caraudiosecurity.com any tell which is the best sub to go for in the price range of £150-£200 and also the amplifier to support it.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE people. HElp
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2004
    Is JL better than Diamond? Well it depends. Diamonds CM3 ad M6 series are better than JL's W0 and W3. However, the W6 and W7 are untouchable as far as Im concerned. They arent the loudest or hardest hitting because theyre not SPL subs. They are however the best SQ subs out there.

Basically if your budget is $350 and up, go with JL. Below that go with Diamond.

Off the website you listed and according to your budget, this is the sub I would pick second with this being my first choice.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D