So Micah...

Options
Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
...what kind of Tat should I get? Thinking of something small on the left shoulder. Ideas?

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2002
    Options
    What's special to you?

What is something that is sort of a "symbol" of YOU?

What means something to you and alerts others to your "inner meaning"?

What is something that fascinates you and intrigues you?

What will your wife dig and your children not be ashamed of?

What will your co-workers not make fun of, and your boss never see?

What is your tattoo artist's specialty?

What's your favorite type of art?

Things NOT to get: The black panther. "Taz." The "little devil." Your "Greek" letters. A photo-rendering of your child or wife. Your name, or anyone's name. Jesus (but the "burning heart with thorns" is pretty cool, even if you're using it as a religious symbol). A car, except a Big Daddy Roth hotrod image. Anything in gothic text written across your back or stomach. A swastika.

Go to the library. Look at Japanese art books, tattoo "flash" books (ask your artist to show you their's), and line drawing art.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0896597989/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/103-5917684-8422203 (damn, I paid like $50 for this book...)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1890451061/ref=pd_sim_books/103-5917684-8422203

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/907482210X/ref=pd_sim_books/103-5917684-8422203

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1570625565/ref=pd_sim_books/103-5917684-8422203

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446670014/qid=1014220556/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-5917684-8422203

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0789202336/ref=pd_sim_books/103-5917684-8422203

I expect to follow your exploits in these pages...

MC

tattoo4.jpg
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Yep, told my wife last night I want her to design something for me. I brought this up a year ago, then pushed it to the side. Now, I am back in the running. As soon as I find or draw want I want, it's done.

Thanks for all the info Micah.

If...
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    Options
    You have no clue, or special reason to get one? You just want to ink up with a 'cool' design?

How much does a tat run these days, anyway? Maybe you should get the word 'MONOBLOCK' done, to remind you of your priorities.......

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    Options
    You have no clue, or special reason to get one? You just want to ink up with a 'cool' design?
    Yep. I've wanted one for many years now, just never put much thought into it. So now, I'm putting in the thought. I figure to spend around 150-200 on it.
    Maybe you should get the word 'MONOBLOCK' done, to remind you of your priorities.......
    At my HT meet I held a few weeks ago everyone told me how awesome the Green Room sounded. Even one guy who attended that worked for QSC audio (they build amps) said going with seperates will not yield much of an improvement becuse of the small size of my room.

So, I will buy an amp, run it for a few weeks. If the sound is a great improvement, I'll keep it. If it is only minor, I'll return it.

If...
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Ron, I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by the addition of amps.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I don't doubt that your HT sounds great, but I can't fathom that better equipment would not sound better, based on the size of the ROOM????

That seems like a borderline moronic statement. I bet some 40-60wpc Anthems, Adcoms, etc etc would really open up in there. Maybe I am taking it out of context, and they were referring more to increasing the power, not simply going with seperates.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Micah Cohen
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Up your $$ for the tat. Figure $400-500.

Quality costs money.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• TroyD
    edited February 2002
    Options
    so that is what you are spending all your cash on? I was wondering because it didn't seem that you were spending it on home furnishings.....and you wonder why you are having trouble with women??

Troy
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited February 2002
    Options
    So what tatoos do you have, Micah??? A tatoo of your right hand? (sorry, couldn't resist) :p

Aaron
  • Aaron
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I agree totally with Russ. Those comments do sound totally moronic unless they're talking about quantity of sound rather than quality. I'll take quality of sound any day.

Aaron
  • TroyD
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Aaron, that is just wrong brotha......he has his girlfriend's name tatted on his chest....Rosie Palmer.

Troy
  • Aaron
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Aaron, that is just wrong brotha......
    Oh, sorry, didn't realize he was a lefty..... :eek:

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Like I said, I will buy the amp and test for myself. It's the only way to know for sure.

Micah, that is way over-priced. My buddy got one, colored, with good detail for $275. It is about the size of a 3" square. I will not drop that much on a tat. I'm thinking of something in the 1" square size, small.

If...
  • Micah Cohen
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I'm thinking of something in the 1" square size, small.

Oh. A chick-tat.

Thought you were a man.

Be sure to beware that small tats, unless done well with good ink, will become little blurs in 20 years. Look for true ink and a sure hand. Detail is useless at that size.

Plus, it's addicting. You'll want more. You will. Plan on it.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• TroyD
    edited February 2002
    Options
    ....and chicks will want you less, they will, plan on it.

Troy
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I already have the chick.

If...
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    Options
    ....and chicks will want you less, they will, plan on it.
    Oh yeah, this really depends on the type of chick though:)

If...
  • RuSsMaN
    edited February 2002
    Options
    You have 2 daughters, right?

You gonna be ok with it when they are 17, and want one right above the crack of their ****, or maybe on their hip?

Something to think about.....

I say do the Steelhead logo, if anything....

Cheers,
    Russ
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2002
    Options
    How about BOSE SUCKS that would be a small tat.

Hmm about 1" tat maybe a full scale outline of Micah's manhood.

Sorry Micah it was too easy.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    Options
    You have 2 daughters, right?
    Nope, just 1.
    You gonna be ok with it when they are 17, and want one right above the crack of their ****, or maybe on their hip?
    There is no cut and dry answer here. At 17, no, at 18, it depends. I will not stop her from being or expressing herself, but there will be limits to that while she is under my roof.
    I say do the Steelhead logo, if anything....
    Nice suggestion there Russ, I'll fire that one at the wife tonight. I'll report back tomorrow with her reaction.

If...
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2002
    Options
    if i ever got a tat i would go with a native american symbol or something like that to show off my haritage