Ace Combat 5 PS2

Options
Crystalclear
Crystalclear Posts: 196
edited November 2004 in Video Games
Has anyone played this one yet?I have Ace 4 and wanted to see if 5 is any better?:)
Old School stuff
Sunfire Theater Grand Processor
Sunfire Cinema Grand 225x5 Amp
Monster AVS 2000 Signature
Polk RT800i's
Polk CS400i
Polk FX500's
(2) 2700 watt Sunfire Signature Subs
65' HDTV Mitsubishi Widescreen
Post edited by Crystalclear on

Comments

• idealty
    idealty Posts: 24
    edited November 2004
    Options
    I noticed nobody repsonded so i'll offer my 2 cents. I bought the game when it first came out and i haven't beaten yet. My impressions will be rough, but bottom line is if you liked AC4, then you will like this game. I loved AC4 and this game has evertyhing that made that game great with a few bonus and differences. First of all, the story is really engrossing and flows well with the gameplay. My only complaint is that i actually got lost about 2/3 through the game. I'm not sure what is going on now as there was quite an interesting twist that i didn't quite follow. The game is longer than AC4 and also much more difficult. The game puts you in situaitons where you're facing hordes of enemy fighters or ships and many times you feel overwhelmed. The A.I is better than AC4 also and enemies are much harder to hit. The missions themselves are generally much more exciting and dynamic than AC4 and there is even a few branching missions that may change during replaying the game. The planes are what you'd expect, except there is more "hidden" planes than before. The "level up" factor also takes quite long so the game has plenty of replay value if you want to get all the planes. Graphics and sound are great, although not leaps and bounds better than AC4. I must add that the Dolby Pro Logic 2 does sound pretty good through my Polk surround system! Overall great game.
  • Crystalclear
    Crystalclear Posts: 196
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Wow!
    What a great review!Thats what I was hoping to hear.I am a big fan of AC4 and now have a good reason to plunk down some change for AC5.I heard that you can do complete takeoffs and landings now and there is also an A-10 Warthog with a BIG 30mm gun!:eek: Cant wait to blow some stuff up!
    Old School stuff
    Sunfire Theater Grand Processor
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 225x5 Amp
    Monster AVS 2000 Signature
    Polk RT800i's
    Polk CS400i
    Polk FX500's
    (2) 2700 watt Sunfire Signature Subs
    65' HDTV Mitsubishi Widescreen