Stock stereo

Steve@3dai
Steve@3dai Posts: 983
edited November 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
So I got this new Legacy GT right. Well, the stock system is decent, but I wouldn't mind a little more bump. I've got a 12" MM12 in a box sitting in my living room from my WRX.

So, should I just replace the stock speakers, and get some more added bass from that? Put bass blockers on the stock speakers and put the MM12 in the back? Get an JBL BassLink (or Infinity equevalent)?

I cannot replace the stock HU, it's uber integrated into the dash.

LGTinside.jpg
LSi 9/C/FX
Arcam AVR-200
Post edited by Steve@3dai on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2004
    i vote replace the stockers and put bass blockers on them and hook up the mm12...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2004
    Is there a way to just leave the stock HU there, and mount the new stereo somewhere else, like above?
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    Is there a way to just leave the stock HU there, and mount the new stereo somewhere else, like above?

Eh, don't want to mess up the clean interior of this car. Also don't want to create "rattle zones" hahaha :)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2004
    Originally posted by Steve@3dai
    Eh, don't want to mess up the clean interior of this car. Also don't want to create "rattle zones" hahaha :)
    i know a few ppl that have put them in the glove box and control it by remote...that would never be an option for me though b/c i am constantly adjusting the sound and you cant do all the functions of my hu with the remote
    whats the little compartment in front of your shifter?
    you might be able to put it there
    i doubt they have adapter kits to cover the entire radio...at least not yet b/c that car is pretty new
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2004
    If youre wanting a basic system, I vote getting new speakers, a sub and good size 4 channel amp. Something like a 75x4, run the 4 speakers off the front channel and bridge the rear for the sub.

It depends on how fancy youre wanting to get.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2004
    if you're satisfied with the stock sound, i don't see a reason you can't run a sub and amp (through the speaker level inputs off the stock HU's rear outputs). i'd think the bump of a sub would overpower a stock system, but it's your call.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs