Onkyo M-501 amp

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited December 2004 in Flea Market
From my personal collection.....

A very nice looking, solid 150 wpc amp. Very clean, no scratches that I can see. A/B speaker outputs (nice feature) and five way binding posts rather than spring clip connectors.

Very nice amp all around.....if you are looking for a nice entry level 2ch amp, here you go.

Dollar a watt, 150 shipped in the lower 48.

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• TroyD
    edited October 2004
    Not a GREAT pic...but you can see the amp here. It's the one on the bottom shelf....
  • TroyD
    edited November 2004
    ** shameless bump **

if anyone is interested....lemme know. I could prolly do 130 shipped (LESS than a dollar a watt to your door, what more do you want?)

BDT
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2004
    Man, don't GIVE it away.

Put it back in the closet, pull it out around Xmas and try again.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2004
    If I had a 3 or 4 bedroom house (I do) that didn't have daughters in the bedrooms (I do) I'd have a lot more than one "Magic Closet" that's for sure.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • TroyD
    edited November 2004
    Eh, was just trying to pass on a much better than average deal to the forum......I have zero issues with hanging on to an extra power amp.

BDT
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2004
    Sometimes they just don't get it T.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2004
    Yep, you never know when you are going to need it back in sevice again. I am kinda glad to still have its little brother.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2004
    Damn Troy, your being WAY too nice. Tell ya the truth, I'd snag it, but I just don't have a use for it right now....

I've got a couple of ideas, but don't have to play right now. I bet it'd be a great driver this outdoor idea I got....
  • TroyD
    edited November 2004
    Phoneisbusy is the proud new owner....

BDT
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited November 2004
    Congrats Dave (Phoneisbusy). He's a great guy to deal with.
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited November 2004
    Thanks kingtut. Great guy to work with. In fact I don't think I've ever had problems with a Polk deal that was flawless or everything worked out.

Dave

btw. I've officially got my **** kicked but I did get 150 wpc for the mains and centre out of it. :D Oh... and I'll be sleeping with one eye open for the next little while...
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • wal1885
    wal1885 Posts: 27
    edited November 2004
    so its 150wpcx2 at 8 ohm? any noticable blemishes?
    5.1 HT Set up
    Rti8 (Front)
    Rti6 (Rear)
    csi5 (center)
    DIY Atlas 15"
    AMC 2100 (towers)
    Marantz 6100 (center)
    Yamaha rx-v650
  • phoneisbusy
    edited December 2004
    Well, the Onkyo arrived yesterday from Troy and all is good. Well packed although usps/canda post managed to dent the case. :(
    Looks like the package was on the bottom of a heavy pile and the case got a bit dented. A bit of flexing and it's all out.

Got Ray Charles warming it up. More listening tests to follow in the future.

regards

Dave
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,969
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by TroyD

Dollar a watt, 150 shipped in the lower 48.

BDT

My geography may not be the best but since when is Canada in or one of the lower 48? ;)
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited December 2004
    that just has to do with the price....the price was 150 shipped to the lower 48 states, if you live outside that ared....canada....you probably have to pay more....no biggie
  • Willow
    edited December 2004
    good to know I never offer to buy when it states that cause I think you guys will only ship within USA
  • phoneisbusy
    edited December 2004
    Well I do have friends in Seattle that come up regualarly. It's not a big deal for them to bring up a package for me. :D
    Plus, I can always have things sent to a PO box just across the border for pickup.

Anyways, great dealing with Troy.

Dave
  • Willow
    edited December 2004
    what about duty and stuff like that ? how does that work..I have passed on many deals cause I don't know how that works
  • phoneisbusy
    edited December 2004
    It all depends on what's being sent up and the declared value.
    If it's marked as a gift it's duty free up to $60 Cdn. Anything over $60 will be charged the appropriate duties.

The amp was sent USPS so Canada Post does the brokerage, they usually charge $5 + duties and taxes. There was no bill taped on the box this time but they still might followup with a bill later.

If you're lucky, the postal/brokerage guy just lets it go through. I've ordered many a dvd and book without getting dinged. Sometimes I'll a package sent to a PO box across the border and drive across for pickup. Typically, you pay GST + PST. I bring all my correspondence and receipts for the money order and such to support my declared value claims.

Forgot to mention. Be wary of UPS. Their brokerage fees are typically not included in the shipping price. You may find a nasty $30-50 charge + duties if you're not careful. Just make sure you verify whether or not brokerage fees are included in the shipping price.

regards

Dave
  • chenj16
    chenj16 Posts: 148
    edited December 2004
    Canada Customs sucks, UPS is more nasty crossboarding...
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2004
    it took a month to arrive? or did i miss something here??
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,467
    edited December 2004
    I shipped it for Troy and forgot to remove the shipping label (again) :p;):D :cool: :):p;)

Haha, I still cant believe I did that...

- Insomniac Sid, Checking out
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.