Sound-Foundations/Adire Brahma 12

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited October 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well, after 3 months of waiting the brahmas are finally in my truck. I had a few problems getting them in there. I took my old Polk/MOMO 12s out of the box and tried to "drop-in" the brahmas-it almost worked. The mounting depth was fine, my only problem was the angle of the wood where the sub mounts. This caused the magnet to hit the bottom of the box. So with some 3/4" MDF, I made a spacer and screwed it the box, screwed the sub in and voila-perfection. The best part about this is that I have a "built-in" magnet support because its rests on the bottom of the box. Right now they're being powered by a single Rockford Fosgate 550S(each). The subs are only getting about 580 watts each. I think one of my amps is shitting out though because it keeps cutting in and out. It only does it when I'm really working it for a while, which leads me to believe that its the amp and not wiring. That and the fact that I haven't touched the wiring for a couple months before it started cutting out(it was doing it with my old subs too). So I'll be sending it back pretty soon. Its still under warranty. The box is .88ft^3 with a lot of poly-fill. I will be building a new box when I get off for Christmas break, it will be built to ~ 1.9ft^3. But anyways, to review the subs, I think they're wonderful. They're only a little louder than my old subs, but im only putting half of what I need to be putting to them and the box they're in is half the size it needs to be. I expect a decent increase in SPL when the new box is built. As you know, this is one of the best SQ subs on the market and you can really tell. Its very accurate even when it only has half of its rated power, which is very unusual. Usually when subs only get half the power they need they don't sound that great. I expect them to really come alive when I get new amps though, both in SQ and SPL. They stretch really deep to the lower frequencies and blends fantastic with the front speakers whereas with my old subs the blend was lacking. I'm not completely sure why that is, I didn't mess with the crossover at all...maybe its just my ears and self-consciously trying to justify spending so much money on subs...lol. I bought these speakers from www.sound-foundations.us . The owner's name is Seth. He helped me out tremendously when I was messing with WinISD trying to figure out what size box I needed with the power I have going to them. Also on his site is "Enclosures by Geolemon" which are custom made, brahma specific sub boxes. His name is Chris and he also helped me out a great deal as well. The only bad thing is that Adire currently has a backorder on the Brahmas, but from what I understand they are getting caught up on all their orders. But never once did Seth complain when I would email him 2-3 times a week asking if he had any word on when they'll come in...lol. But if you're ever looking for an Adire product, look no further than sound-foundations. I have nothing but positive things to say about the way he handles his business and he always replied to my emails the next day. I will have pictures up pretty soon even though it looks ghetto right now with the MDF spacer...I'm going to get some black duct tape or electrical tape to help cover it up until I start building a new box in December.
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• exalted512
    edited October 2004
    531337_86_full.jpg
    531337_87_full.jpg
    531337_88_full.jpg
    531337_89_full.jpg
    im sending that amp back pretty quick...it keeps cutting out after extended periods of use
    that or i can wire it to 1 ohm and have a few minutes of my brahma getting ~800 watts of power...lol
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2004
    Congratulations bro, Im glad you finally got them in!

I cant believe that about youre amp tho. It seems as tho youre truck is just cursed. So far youve had every component fitz out on ya. You might want to take those Brahmas out til you get your new rig, and then have it blessed with holy water!

I also find it funny that the back of your truck looks like mine; like a bomb went off back there!! :p
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    lol...actually thats just stuff i got from home and i need to put it in my dorm room...normally its pretty clean
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    video!!
    http://www.tamor.org/members-rigs/albums/tex_tj/p5170042.mov
    ill have an excursion video up tomorrow
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2004
    sweet, can't wait for double the power, eh?

p.s. get the excursion video in as high a framerate as you can, so there's none of that weird standing-wave crap; i'll host the file if you need (up to like 50 meg)
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    ok thanks, ill do it today, whats your email?
    and no---i cant wait to double the power...im stoked...
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited October 2004
    Congrats cody! They look awesome :D
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    i have a movie...but its 17.9mb big...how can i downscale it?
    -Cody
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited October 2004
    Alright, let me be the first to say this...

When you make really long post...

About every 3 or 4 sentences...

hit

ENTER

And

Then

Continue

Typing - this makes it much easier to read than a bunch of stuff together! :D:p :cool: :D:);)

Anyways, those things look amazing! Congrats! I can host your video if you can get it down to like... 5MB, MAX - and I can host it for 2-3 weeks
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    excursion video!!!
    http://home.comcast.net/~x6369x/vids/excursion.wmv
    tell me what ya think
    i know what i think...i need at least 500 more watts....
    the frame never freezes...the sub is moving so fast it doesnt pick it up...
    also, if you look at the shadow of net you can see it vibrating...its hard to tell but in real life its pretty visible
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2004
    damn... how is it that you can still hear?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    why do you think im on the forums so much?
    because i dont have to hear:)
    -Cody
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited October 2004
    That setup looks positively evil.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2004
    What song were you playing? It looks like rap from the long pauses.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    test tones
    10hz, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45 in that order...maybe not 45...when you see the net its playing at 40 hz
    -Cody
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    test tones
    10hz, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45 in that order...maybe not 45...when you see the net its playing at 40 hz
    -Cody
    ohhhhh man i love it!!! nice work cody, i'm so very jealous
    cats.vans.bag...