Power Conditioners for 2-channel systems

Options
Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited October 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Most of the power conditioners available from folks like Monster, Panamax, etc. make power conditioners for home theater systems -- lots of extra outlets and a bunch of useless connectors (i.e., RJ11, coax) for a basic 2-channel system. Right now I'm using a TrippLite Isobar unit.

I only need a good quality power conditioner made especially for an audio system. I'm cool with just 4 outlets. Audiogon has a few, but I'm not familiar with the brands and the value they offer.

Any of you guys using something like that? How does it compare to Monster or Panamax? Any suggestions? Thanks.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Look at PS Audio and Richard Grey. Both offer what you're looking for.

While Doro likes the ones from Grey, I'm picking up one of these, http://www.psaudio.com/products/upc200.asp

I don't think you could go wrong with either audio based company.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jmierzur
    jmierzur Posts: 489
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Not sure what your budget is or your expectations are, but another option would be balanced power from BPT. This is a thread on balanced power I created some time ago. As well, I also did some additional tweaking at the time that was related to balanced power.

For what its worth, I tried the other two products mentioned above (at the time, PS Audio only had the Ultimate Outlet) and found the BPT unit much better.

Happy hunting.