GTA San Andreas

Options
ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,501
edited December 2004 in Video Games
any updates as to when this title comes out for the playstation 2. left a preorder for it, but forgot to ask when it is coming in
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Within the month I think. It looks awesome.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Next week it comes out.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2004
    Options
    got the game when it came out, played it for 2 days. the game simply ROCKS.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Better than Vice City? Whats the soundtrack like?
  • ohskigod
    edited November 2004
    Options
    way better. much bigger. much much bigger. you can swim too, no more drowning.

soundtrack is heavy early 90's hip hop. much Dre and Snoop Dog from the chronic, as well as rock, R&B and metal from the day. pretty diverse.

gang warfare, taking over territories, the cities (yes, plaurel) are huge, your gonna need that map handy
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• bknauss
    edited November 2004
    Options
    The amount of additions (the small stuff, like swimming, working out, tattoos, hair-dos, lowrider "dancing", etc etc etc) is simply unreal.

I saw an article at ign.com where it said it took the guy nearly a half hour to drive half of the circumference of the map, and that was without any stops whatsoever.

Big drawback though... DTS was dropped for Pro Logic II. Blech... stupid matrixed channels. Blech...
    Brian Knauss
  • bknauss
    edited November 2004
    Options
    If you guys haven't gotten to San Andreas yet (like me), hop over the fence at the Los Santos airport and hijack a plane... fly over to San Andreas. You'll get some fighter jets on you and they fire missles at you. Just give up at that point, its over, but its dang cool watching those missles come out of nowhere and hit you.

I see fighter jets somewhere down the line to hijack :)
    Brian Knauss
  • datalogik
    datalogik Posts: 35
    edited December 2004
    Options
    This game kick's a$$. Go out and buy it! Oh wow, after all these years of signing up here. I finally find time to make my first post! :o

I have been one heck of a busy guy for sure. :D
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Any news of an XBOX release for this game yet? I have Vice City and GTA III for XBOX and I play them all the time. I hope that Rockstar does me a favor and sends this one also. If any of you guys hear anything please let me know. Thanks.
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Anyone done with this game yet? I've got everything unlocked and have been working through the mob missions in Las Venturas. Just an AWESOME game and I'm hardly sick of it.
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2004
    Options
    is their a pilot school you have to go to? i cant get into the airport because it says i have to go to pilot school. also, i got into the san fierro airport, but all the planes are locked. where is this pilot school

I just wanna fly :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

heeeeeelp
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Demiurge
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by ohskigod
    is their a pilot school you have to go to? i cant get into the airport because it says i have to go to pilot school. also, i got into the san fierro airport, but all the planes are locked. where is this pilot school

I just wanna fly :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

heeeeeelp

Pilot school isn't until the third quarter of the map is revealed. There is plenty of cool stuff once that happens. Good luck getting past Zero's RC missions....what a ****. :rolleyes:

Awesome game though and I'm damn near done. :)
  • Fulmer
    Fulmer Posts: 26
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Quote: Any news of an XBOX release for this game yet?

Yes It should be out by summer according to gamespot.
    Fulmer

TV: Hitachi 51F500
    Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5240
    Mains: R50
    Center: CS245i
    Surrounds: RT25i
    Sub: Atlantic Technology T70
  • landry_p2000
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Thanks Fulmer! I can't wait.
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • Fulmer
    Fulmer Posts: 26
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Yeah, I'll probably pick it up. I'm trying to ignore all the hype on the PS2 version so the wait will be a little easier and my expectations won't be so high.
    Fulmer

TV: Hitachi 51F500
    Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5240
    Mains: R50
    Center: CS245i
    Surrounds: RT25i
    Sub: Atlantic Technology T70
  • bknauss
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Demiurge
    Anyone done with this game yet? I've got everything unlocked and have been working through the mob missions in Las Venturas. Just an AWESOME game and I'm hardly sick of it.

Doesn't sound like you're TOO far away from the end. I just beat the game yesterday. I think I put a good 50 hours into the game and basically only did the main missions.
    Brian Knauss
  • bknauss
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Demiurge
    Pilot school isn't until the third quarter of the map is revealed. There is plenty of cool stuff once that happens. Good luck getting past Zero's RC missions....what a ****. :rolleyes:

Awesome game though and I'm damn near done. :)

Too bad the Zero missions weren't required (sigh for you).

As for piloting, you can go to the Los Santos airport on the northeast side, put a car near the "brick" wall, hop on the car, hop over the wall, and viola! Dodo and that private jet looking things are your's.
    Brian Knauss
  • bknauss
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Fulmer
    Yeah, I'll probably pick it up. I'm trying to ignore all the hype on the PS2 version so the wait will be a little easier and my expectations won't be so high.

I'll help... there's a lot of stupid little glitches in the game :)

I might pick up an xbox and get it for the xbox (along with other games of course). I tried for so long to not buy into the MS machine, but it just offers more than the PS2.
    Brian Knauss
  • landry_p2000
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by bknauss
    I'll help... there's a lot of stupid little glitches in the game :)

I might pick up an xbox and get it for the xbox (along with other games of course). I tried for so long to not buy into the MS machine, but it just offers more than the PS2.

Good for you bknauss. I made the switch about 6 months ago, and I am very pleased. No memory cards, no freezing up, and no short cords that will pull the system off the stand when you get excited. Not to mention the graphics! The only advantage the PS2 has over the XBOX is the online gaming and the game base is larger. I dumped my PS2 off for $150. It had 12 games, a multi-tap, 4 controllers, and 2 memory cards. Too much crap to keep up with. Glad too see you considering making the jump. I love my XBOX, and plan to get more games. Please, when you get your XBOX get HALO and HALO 2! These are a must own for the MSXB.:cool: :):D

• bknauss
    edited December 2004
    Options
    For the past year or two, the only reasons I've stuck with PS2 are:
    -Didn't have money for another system
    -Two games were only on PS2... GTA series and Gran Turismo. Still true for Gran Turismo, but not true for GTA.

The one thing that got me as soon as I learned it was PS2 is not true DD or DTS or whatever for the game. The soundtrack might be discrete, but all of the game sounds are stereo with a matrixed rear. Just adds a whole lot more realism if the sounds are coming from the correct direction of where they are originating from.
    Brian Knauss
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I just have all the gaming consoles. :p They're not that expensive.....
  • landry_p2000
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by bknauss
    For the past year or two, the only reasons I've stuck with PS2 are:
    -Didn't have money for another system
    -Two games were only on PS2... GTA series and Gran Turismo. Still true for Gran Turismo, but not true for GTA.

The one thing that got me as soon as I learned it was PS2 is not true DD or DTS or whatever for the game. The soundtrack might be discrete, but all of the game sounds are stereo with a matrixed rear. Just adds a whole lot more realism if the sounds are coming from the correct direction of where they are originating from.

That is one very good point that I failed to mention. XBOX is DD. The sound is great. PS2 is in pro-logic I think.:rolleyes: Once I saw GTA on XBOX, that was it for me. I play my XBOX through the Onkyo and Polks all the time. I thought about getting a PS2 just for GTA San Andreas, but now I will wait it out until June.:D