Sanus speaker stands -- Russ

Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Hey Russ, what was the final verdict on those speaker stands? Do you like them? What speakers are you using with them? The problem you had was the add showed spikes, and they didn't come with them, right? Everyone else's feedback is welcome too, of course! Thanks!

Aaron
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2001
    I have some new B&W DM303's sitting on top of them for mains in the HT. They did come with spikes, but they were plastic. (they would not 'crunch' through the carpet)

Micah and Ken and the president at Sanus took care of me. They sent me some metal spikes, and I modded the stands ever so slightly and they work great. Good, solid foundation.

I am happy with them, I think bang-for buck in EVERY price point, Sanus takes the cake.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2001
    I was reading on Audio Advisor's site that wood stands have very poor performance compared to metal stands. Any experiences with metal stands? I wonder how much difference there really is. I think the metal stands look ugly, too.

Aaron
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited August 2001
    My local Radio Schack had used 3 pair in a demo setup of their stuff. When they were done with them they sold the 36" for $10 a pair and the 24" for $5 a pair. I bought the 2 pair of 24s they came with metal spikes and work great IMO. They are very sturdy with my M12s on them. Not the perfect match for the M12s but they work.
    Chris
    Chris :)