The Brahma Aint Got Squat On This

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,529
edited October 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2004
    Why do you make such retarded posts sometimes?

And what the F is that drawing supposed to be? It looks like a giant sit-n-spin.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited October 2004
    I dunno, I feel like being retarded at times...

It was supposed to be a woofer that went completely wrong

The cone and the magnet wouldnt match up...

Turned out like a cylinder with a pancake on the end??
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited October 2004
    ........ interesting..........
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2004
    The Parthenon... and it actually exists, too... LINEAR response down to 7 HERTZ!!! that is some ungodly sound right there...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Joelsbass
    edited October 2004
    At the 2004 CES we showed a 24" square baffle unit, with a Qts of 0.72 and an Fs of 7 Hz. Flat anechoic response to 6 Hz. And capable of over 66 liters of linear air displacement! That generates reference level (121 dB SPL) output at 20 Hz, when sitting naked in a room - no room gain, no baffle, no box required. The first true dipole driver (not sub - no baffle, remember!) that can do reference outputs. With flat output to the single digits. How's that for a driver?

and that my friends.... is why i love Adire :D

• mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited October 2004
    Not as impressive as my flatulence. I can reach reference levels at 12hz. :cool: :eek:

No one knows its me, besides the fact that it looks like I'm having a seizure. and the pictures on the wall behind me are falling off the wall.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    The Parthenon... and it actually exists, too... LINEAR response down to 7 HERTZ!!! that is some ungodly sound right there...
    the parthenon is not a sub
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    it is technically a dipole driver, i believe, yes.

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited October 2004
    yep, pretty much just a motor, you could do all kinds of things with that.

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited October 2004
    The Parthenon is the motor. You can get it with up to 12" excursion and a 4' X 4' diaphragm. It can be mounted into a box or in an infinite baffle as well as being a dipole driver. Also for an extra fee, instead of a diaphragm, you can mount a chisel to the end and use it as a jack hammer.
    Graham
  • Joelsbass
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by gatemplin
    The Parthenon is the motor. You can get it with up to 12" excursion and a 4' X 4' diaphragm. It can be mounted into a box or in an infinite baffle as well as being a dipole driver. Also for an extra fee, instead of a diaphragm, you can mount a chisel to the end and use it as a jack hammer.

LMAO, good one gate lol

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2004
    ROFL!!!! a jack hammer!!!

Man, that is one awesome, uhh, ummm, motor
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    i was thinking more along the lines of a rail gun, but jackhammer works too...

• LittleCar_w/12s
    edited October 2004
    Nah, if it were a rail gun you'd be shooting the coil out of it. I'm sure it would be pricey....

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited October 2004
    That would sure take care of the car tailgating you.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited October 2004
    well all ya gotta do is get it to make the resonant freq of breaking glass... then you can aim it at them and smash their windsheild to get em to back off....

• neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    not the job for a sub... you'd need some crazy tweeterage for that one, though it would be highly amusing... even better would be to use the resonant frequency of, say, the engine block...

• LittleCar_w/12s
    edited October 2004
    or just wiggle the radiator loose

• neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    ah, but that's so much less elegant and original... i like the shattering windshield idea for that...