Dude!! You're getting a brahma!

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited November 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok, not you, but me:D
not this weekend but the next...wow...im so freakin happy right now you have no idea...
egh...but now comes the tedious task of building a box to fit under my back seat...boy will that be fun...
theres a 50% chance the damn things wont even fit...im praying they do...itd be a shame to have to take up the back seat...lol
if you think im kidding im not--if they dont fit under the seat...theyre going on top....lol
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2004
    If they don't fit I'll PM you my address and they will go to a good home!!! j/k I'll be getting my own hopefully by xmas! Have fun!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited October 2004
    How high is your seat? The Brahma 10" is about 8" deep from top of surround to bottom. Add a bit of space behind the back of the woofer and you're at about 9" without any space between the woofer face and seat. Is your seat 11" off the floor?

When I was in retail it was a pain in the **** putting 8"s under the seat. Have fun with those 10"s...
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited October 2004
    Dude, don't burst his bubble :) Guess swerve might have Adire stuff before he knows it!
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited October 2004
    Well, I tried to get him to angle-fire them, but he doesn't want to mod the seat... I even CADD'ed him a cut sheet... But the name of the game is to have fun here... then hear the results... so I'm sure Cody will have plenty of fun.
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    who said anything about 10s?:D
    the mounting depth is only .75" deeper than the mm12s i have under the seat now
    im just worried about the basket being so wide
    they should fit
    hopefully...lol, itd be a shame to take away the back seat...there were some...err...good memories back there
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2004
    that reminds me, you will want an underlayer of foam if you're carpeting or vinyling (sp??) the box... wouldn't want any sharp edges back there, now, would we?? :D
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    if they fit in my current box, i might just leave them in there until christmas break and then work on another box then since ill be home for a while...
    well...my schedule is freakin packed b/t meetings and football games and tests and homework today...so i need to get that done
    problem is i just keep thinking im getting my subs soon...lol
    besides the HU, b/c im keeping the one i have now until it breaks, this is the first step towards the completion of my dream system:D
    after this is DLS 6.3s, then new truck, then new alternator, then USAmps DE-3000, then USAmps USA-1000X
    ahhh...
    -Cody
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited October 2004
    lol, it's fun to dream ain't it??

dude, wtf do you need the backseat for?? YOU HAVE A TRUCK!!! just find some nice isolated areas (whenever you see a broadcast tower there's typically a truck path for access and it'll be completely secluded, don't know how many times i've fooled around in places like that :D ) take a couple sleeping bags and find out just why the call it the 'bed' of the truck ;) hell i was makin out in the back of mine just last night :D
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    but if i dont have a backseat when i throw crap back there ill actually have to reach to get to it
    lol
    believe me, i thought about scrapping the whole back seat, but i have passengers a lot...so it wouldnt work
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2004
    I cant imagine it being that big a problem. If youve already got 12's back there now it should work. You may have to do some trial and error fitting but I think itll work.

It could be worse. You could have an 02 Ram with about .15 cubic feet of room for a sub! :mad:
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    i hope so
    -Cody
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited October 2004
    Dude!! You're getting a brahma! (or two)
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited October 2004
    Dude... where's my Brahma?!?!?!?!

;)
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited October 2004
    Congrats on the Brahmas. Here is a thread I just started with a new Brahma12 video from Wiggins.
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22746

I cant wait to get my Extremis 6s from Adire:D
    Graham
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by gatemplin
    Congrats on the Brahmas. Here is a thread I just started with a new Brahma12 video from Wiggins.
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22746

I cant wait to get my Extremis 6s from Adire:D
    might want to check out these too
    http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=WR125S
    -Cody
  • gatemplin
    edited October 2004
    I was waiting for the WR125s for over a year and was sure I was going to get them until the Extremis came out. I would like to do some full range (single driver) monitors with those one day.
    Graham
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    Welllll...they dont fit
    im contemplating two options
    option a-
    just getting a spacer ring for around the sub(3/4" is all i need)
    or
    option b-
    which is just **** an entire new front on...this would also allow my grilles to fit because the screw into the box, not the sub...and the subs will hit the grills if theyre not flush
    right now im leaning towards option a...whatever i choose to go with, itll be done tomorrow...now its time to go to bed
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2004
    I vote for option A as well. It seem to be the simplest and if it doesnt work it wouldnt be any big deal to scratch it and go with plan B.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2004
    Atleast you got them :D:D . Hopefully everything works out for you.... and I just have to say it:

GITRDONE!~!!1!!!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    went with option a...i will have a full review tomorrow when i get some of my h/w done
    one of my amps keeps cutting out though...its been doing it for a while...i didnt have the time to check out the wiring, but i think its the amp...
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited October 2004
    A good many amps cut out if they can't get the power they require. Make sure your voltages arent dropping. at that pull, you may have to turn the truck on.

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    well...its never done it before...and i have dual batteries now as well
    i was testing them out in the mall and they both shut off at the exact same time...it was really weird...
    im not sure what that couldve been other than coincidence...
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited October 2004
    Well, the only time mine does it is in my house. I have my 4ch kenwood running off of a two amp supply... enough for most listening at the computer, but the bass hits draws too much sometimes and it'll cut out.

You are running about a KW right? that's a lot of amperage, and though a battery says, say 850CCA, what it doesn't say is the voltage will also drop to 8-10v... which might cause an amp shut-down.

• bamaboy
    bamaboy Posts: 5
    edited November 2004
    yall wnat a nice hard hitting sub try Re ****. Easily keeps up with Brahma.

www.reaudio.com
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2004
    where did that come from? and why?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • gatemplin
    edited November 2004
    Who knows, but the **** subs have the same XBL^2 motor tech as the Brahma anyway.
    Graham
  • exalted512
    edited November 2004
    who knows where that came from
    but yeah...i know about the ****
    i chose the brahmas for 2 reasons
    1. it has better sound quality at the expense of a little less SPL
    2. the brahma is cheaper--and in my case...a lot cheaper since i was able to get a discount
    -Cody