holy mother...

neomagus00
neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
edited October 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
i just got the "kimber kable select" catalog, and does anyone want to take a guess at how much their totl RCA costs? We'll be reasonable and call it a 15 foot cable; consider that the stinger expert costs around a hundred bucks here... any guesses? (no guessing if you already know :))

and, for an encore, guess how much the TOTL speaker wire is, call it 20 feet, and they come in pairs...
It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
Post edited by neomagus00 on

Comments

• AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited October 2004
    Well, call me stupid, but I can't remember if they're supposed to be great or cheap. I'll guess $70...
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited October 2004
    1,000 - 2,000

Wait, no..thats the Home Audio one

I know some of their cheapest speaker wire is like 5 dollars a foot for home audio

Its expensive stuff...no doubt
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2004
    $200?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by AustinKP
    Well, call me stupid, but I can't remember if they're supposed to be great or cheap. I'll guess $70...
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    200$

lol... for a 14.8 foot totl KS 1030 interconnect, it's $4,800, and for 20 feet of totl KS 3038 speaker cable it's a mere $17,700 - and as a bonus, this is for both sides... now you know why this is entitled 'holy mother'... :D

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2004
    Youve got to be kidding? :eek:

My Gawd! What could possibly justify that kind of price tag in a cable?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited October 2004
    i'm sorry but if the cable didn't come with a hot mail-order bride i wouldn't pay that much :p
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited October 2004
    I was close enough, their home products are just as expensive, if not more...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    yeah, vr3mx was way closer than anyone else :D... but their totl stuff is made out of hyper-pure, absolutely molecularly perfect silver, through and through... the freakin cables come in bulletproof luggage, for tim's sake...

• AustinKP
    edited October 2004
    What's absolutely ridiculous is that there are probably people who buy that crap, and then think that they can actually hear a difference!

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

-Austin

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • Joelsbass
    edited October 2004
    if i ever won some outrageous sum of money i'd get two identical cars with the exact same soundsystem, the only difference being running one of them with stinger's totl wire and interconnects and the other one with the realy expensive cables... take them to sq competition and ask the judges to guess which is which....

• AustinKP
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by Joelsbass
    if i ever won some outrageous sum of money i'd get two identical cars with the exact same soundsystem, the only difference being running one of them with stinger's totl wire and interconnects and the other one with the realy expensive cables... take them to sq competition and ask the judges to guess which is which....
    Did you mean to compare Stinger's TOTL interconnects with INexpensive cables?

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • Joelsbass
    edited October 2004
    no, stinger vs the kimber kable select ones... i know the stingers are a couple hundred, but the kimber kable one's are rediculous... i wanna see if there's any difference at all....

• AustinKP
    edited October 2004
    Oh, gotcha... Depends on the definition of expensive. I considered the Stinger cables to be expensive, so I didn't get it.

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • Joelsbass
    edited October 2004
    lol, yeah, i was talkin expensive v.s. ungodly expensive ;) as in wiring that costs more than my truck expensive :rolleyes:

• neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    lol... i can attest to at least the difference between average interconnects and stinger's expert, it was really worth the $110.... now, i dunno about the kimber stuff, but wouldn't it be cool to say you had solid silver interconnects and speaker wire!?