Grrrr!!!!!!

Joelsbass
Joelsbass Posts: 637
edited October 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Frickin A... i'm not happy...

as i posted not too long ago my car is totaled...

in the process of pulling out my speakers etc, i came across two problems with my MM6's

1. Both drivers show a fair amount of sun damage in the form of badly warped cones... definately not good for SQ...

2. One of the drivers has a f*$(ed voice coil... it has no 'bounce back' aka when the cone is moved it stays where it was moved too, and the movement is accompanied by a grating sound... definately not good!!! i dunno why that happened... i've only been powering them with 150wrms, with the gain on the amp set below half... not clipping the HU either...

grr... so much for installing them in my new dodge this weekend...

fyi....
99 Dodge Dakota Sport, it has the infinity sound system (CRAP) so i'll probably be sticking with the factory speaker placements for now at least, as it seems to do a good job with the soundstage at least...

so i'm waiting on Kim to see if i have any hope of the warranty covering these things (doubtfull) to find out if i'm shopping for new components or not... i know sounddomain has the MM6's for 190, but i wouldn't mind upgrading to the Koda 6.1's from adire....
MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2004
    the voice coil is blown...im sure thats under warranty...
    car speakers should be able to withstand sunlight...i think that should be covered, but i dunno
    kim is really great about allowing returns though
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it