installing sub with factory setup

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I want to keep my factory cd player but it dosent have any rca outputs. Im afraid to splice to my amp from the rear speakers because i dont want to take any power from them. Can this be avoided and how.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited October 2004
    1 just replace the whole thing as you'll be happier with the end result, you'll get better sound quality with a whole new setup, and as a general rule of thumb factory systems suck....

if you can't use rca's for the signal than using the signal from the rear speakers is the only way to get a signal to the amp... if you want to avoid this than refer to the previous paragraph ;)
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2004
    If you've got subs and factory speakers, you probably won't be able to hear the fronts (with any decent, appropriate subs and amps), much less the rears - plus, rears will smear the little detail that you've got. If you want better sound rather than more bass, invest in at least coaxials up front RATHER than subs... you might like it... because truthfully, too much bass relative to the rest of the spectrum sounds really really bad...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs