What amp?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Just curious...and to see what kind of recomendations i get...

What amp should i use to power 2 12" Rockford Punch: stage 2 subs *or are these subs even worth it?*
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited October 2004
    what's your total budget for the project? what kind of music do you listen to, and do you like your bass really loud or in balance with the rest of your music? are you doing the install or are you having it done?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2004
    My favorites are Crossfire and MTX in the "working mans" budget and Xtant, Orion and JL Audio in the "poopin' money (or credit)" category.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    My favorites are Crossfire and MTX in the "working mans" budget and Xtant, Orion and JL Audio in the "poopin' money (or credit)" category.
    did you just say "poopin money"...... rofl
    this thread is now ruined by Money Turds!!!!!!!!!!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2004
    Yeah! Poopin'. Thats what Im gonna be doing when I win the lottery! :D

I can just see it now.

A brand new Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins w/6 speed.

Dual H2's each with its own Xtant X1001 in a custom fiberglass rear deck!

Then a nice set of Focal Utopias or or maybe a set of Dynaudios up front bi-amped off an Xtant X604.

:D
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    oh, man, you have no vision! the lottery is worth, what, 300 million? first, we invest, and living off the ~6 million a year we get, even at today's interest rates, we buy:

Several vehicles; Enzo for impressing the ladies, with a tiny cdt system, just to get some volume out of it, Lotus Elise for track days - no sound!, maybe a BMW M3 convertible or Z4 3.0i convertible for fun in the sun, with a basic dls install, all factory locations, amplification and some subwooferage in the trunk. then, for winter driving, a decent-enough car such as the Volkswagen Phaeton, or for elegant evenings, also with a basic factory-based install. Then go all out - something really simple, like a Honda Accord, but tear it completely apart, and rebuild from the ground up with audio in mind - configure as center-drive OR right-hand-drive (just to be fun) with the option of a passenger seat when you're on the right. then, naturally, an all-out focal install, or maybe something unique like seas or morel. then, naturally, a pair of bikes - a Suzuki Hayabusa for the speed demon in you, and maybe a Honda ST1300ABS for touring on a nice day. And a boat. And a jetski. And a kickass home system - full theatre setup.

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2004
    I have simpler tastes. LOL

And its theatER! You aint in Europe!

• neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    hey, didn't there used to be something else here?

• MacLeod
    edited October 2004
    Sshh..

Dont offend anyone. :rolleyes:

• Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited October 2004
    ya know... we were simply having a calm intelectual exchange??? why kill it???
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted in Forum Rules

1) Stick to the topic of the forum. This way information is easily categorized to make it easy for new members to access. Threads or posts that do not contain relevant information will be removed.

2) The discussion of politics and religion is not allowed on this forum.

4) No fighting. Personal attacks, trouble making, inappropriate language, or any threatening or offensive behavior will not be tolerated.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by Joelsbass
    ya know... we were simply having a calm intelectual exchange??? why kill it???

Intellectual...that's a good one... tell me another.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by bknauss
    Intellectual...that's a good one... tell me another.
    umm, this is relevant to the topic of the post...i think it needs to be removed
    you sir, are in direct violation of rule 1, as a paid employee of polk, i would have expected better from you
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    edited October 2004
    okay, this one could go down a way nastier road, so how bout we just kill it ourselves and spare us the trouble? just all of us walk away...

• Joelsbass
    edited October 2004
    lmao, ahh we'll all be fine, it's all in good fun right guys? i think i know cody well enough to know he was just jokin with bk...

ya know this brings up something that i mentioned before... why can't we have our own off topic section? for the most part the HA and CA guys are two seperate entities... why should we have to post off topic material in their forum??

• AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited October 2004
    Hey, what happened here??? I missed something! Somebody PM me please :D
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by AustinKP
    Hey, what happened here??? I missed something! Somebody PM me please :D
    we broke the rules...9/10s of the thread got deleted
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    we broke the rules...9/10s of the thread got deleted
    -Cody
    I figured that. I want to know what was said :)

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    we were just discussing our views on politics, no cussing, nothing bad was said, but since...nevermind
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by Joelsbass
    why can't we have our own off topic section? for the most part the HA and CA guys are two seperate entities... why should we have to post off topic material in their forum??

I agree! Especially when you consider the CA side is made up of about 6 regulars with who have been posting together for about a year now so we know each other pretty well from a internet standpoint.

I agree if a thread gets nasty and personal or just downright ridiculous (i.e. the Dilemma thread) it should be zapped but I just dont think what the 4 of us were talking about rose to that, especially when you consider that the 4 that were discussing that are the same 4 that pretty much hold this side together by posting and answering newbie and customer questions many times daily. I dont think we're undeserving a little slack.

LOL! We need a union! Car Audio Posters Local 101! :p

• AustinKP
    edited October 2004
    Neo saved the thread for me so I could read it. Aside from the no politics part, I was very impressed with how calm everyone remained despite greatly differing viewpoints. Good work guys :)

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2004
    We were hoping Ronald would chime in. Id LOVE to hear his political views!! LOL

• exalted512
    edited October 2004
    ummmmm! you said the p word!!!
    -Cody
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited October 2004

A few of the posts wouldn't have surprised me if they had his name next to them.

Just because you weren't cussing each other out doesn't mean it wasn't inappropriate.
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited October 2004
    I posted a poll, and general off-topic thread. Read there for my opinion...
    MODs, I am not trying to butt heads here, just bear with us to see what the Poll results will show us.
    Thanks, Jerry.

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by Thom
    A few of the posts wouldn't have surprised me if they had his name next to them.

Just because you weren't cussing each other out doesn't mean it wasn't inappropriate.
    ok for real--what are you and bk talking about?
    what offended you?
    i understand that theres a no politics rule because there were always fights about it over in the OT section--i dont agree that it shouldve been completely banned, just some ppl that shouldve been banned...and they...well rather he...was banned
    but whatever, i dont make the rules obviously
    but what what so bad about our thread other than it was politcal?
    everyone was keeping a cool head, just EXPRESSING views
    we get in bigger fights here about JL than this thread ever even came close to
    and calling us Ronald is DEFINETELY BASHING!! :D;)
    -Cody
  • Joelsbass
    edited October 2004
    cody, the problems with the thread probably came from the discussion of homosexuality rather than the discussion of politics, people are much more likely to get offended by someone telling them that their lifestyle is wrong, or that their beliefs are wrong, than disagreeing on a general political issue...

• Thom
    edited October 2004
    ok for real--what are you and bk talking about?
    what offended you?
    i understand that theres a no politics rule because there were always fights about it over in the OT section but what what so bad about our thread other than it was politcal?
    everyone was keeping a cool head, just EXPRESSING views
    we get in bigger fights here about JL than this thread ever even came close to
    and calling us Ronald is DEFINETELY BASHING!! :D;)
    -Cody

I only skimmed through it after someone reported a complaint and it might have been the "**** marraige promotes AIDS" comment that I found funniest. Nothing offended me personally but there was quite a few dumbass comments that I didn't think people would like.

This is, after all, a CAR AUDIO forum.

I'm sure there's plenty of places on the, uh,..........internets (sic), where inbred rednecks can can wave their flags.

:D:D:D
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    Originally posted by Thom
    I only skimmed through it after someone reported a complaint and it might have been the "**** marraige promotes AIDS" comment that I found funniest. Nothing offended me personally but there was quite a few dumbass comments that I didn't think people would like.

This is, after all, a CAR AUDIO forum.

I'm sure there's plenty of places on the, uh,..........internets (sic), where inbred rednecks can can wave their flags.

:D:D:D
    well people on here make some dumb **** comments...take MacLeod saying JL is good...pfft!;)
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited October 2004
    Oh for crying out loud! This is stupid.

We werent discussing if homosexuality was wrong, we were discussing if **** marriage should be recognized by the state. This is a big issue in the election. We werent calling for the lynching of all **** people!

On top of that, that was one of about 5 different subjects we were talking about. Tax cuts, defense, international relations and so on were the main part of the posts.

Me and Neo especialy were laying our our different arguments with facts to back them up. Period. You make it sound as though we were cussing and ranting incoherently about your momma and Hondas or whatever. Comparing us to Ronald is idiotic and pisses me off!

It would be like me comparing you to the Audiobahn installers. :D

• Thom
    edited October 2004
    well people on here make some dumb **** comments...take MacLeod saying JL is good...pfft!;)
    -Cody

When everone knows that JL is great!