Hey Fabian ....

Options
Sean De Freitas
Sean De Freitas Posts: 52
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Hi Fabian,

Reading your posts you are from Oz. I live in Hobart. Where are you?

What is your setup? Mine is the 6600 sat speakers hooked to a PSW 350 sub. Awesome.

Running through a Grundig Xantia 76cm widescreen TV and a Toshiba 5200 DVD.

Regards,

Sean.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Sean Sorry its taken a while to get back to you but likewise I run the 6600,s in thr family room and the home theatre room runs the Polk SR1s with Rotel DD,DTS,THX pre amp into a Rotel amp 110 watts by 5, TV is Loewe Planus 81 Matched to a Dgtec HD digital set top box and a Harman Kardon DVD 10 DVD player. I live on the sunnny Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise Queensland. Im a little slow at the moment its 2.30am hence the lack of details. Regards Fabian :):):)
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • Sean De Freitas
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Thanks for the response.

My Mum and Dad live in Buderim (Sunshine Coast) and my brother and sister in law have a house on one of the canals on the Gold Coast. Lovely spot (too bl. hot though in summer!).

Interested in your setup, particularly with the TV and DSTB. I have a 76cm widescreen Grundig Xantia and am currently investigating digital TV. Looking at some of the set top boxes available, and what our locals will be transmitting. It seems most of the boxes (Thompson, Teac, UES, Zinweld) are all Standard Defn and only receive MPEG audio. However the one I think you have, the DGTEC DH2000A is a high definition STB (which still works on SD which is what my TV is, being European, just like yours), but supposedly will receive a true 5.1 surround signal.

I spoke with WIN TV (local version of Channel 9) and when they commence digital transmission shortly, it will be in 5.1. So my question is, and presuming your local stations are also broadcasting in 5.1, does your set top box truly decode in 5.1, or is it only Pro-logic like so many of the others?

Next question, has the box got a card reader and/or PC input for any future interactive TV options?

I have a few other questions, but that will do for now (don't want to overload the newsgroup).

Regards,

Sean. 0418 555 565
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Mate I love Tassie,untouched Virgin wonder the loggers have not stuffed it up YET?. The Dgtec does not have the card, you can pc upgradre the firmware whenever a new one is available, the thomson has a better gain, eg it holds the transmission better than the dgtec and again is pc firmware upgradable, also the thomo can run proper scart to scart RGB better suited to Grundig & Loewe. in so far as the DD 5.1 they claim to transmit it but I am yet to hear it, its more like squashy DD 2 channel going out to 5 speakers Regards Fabian :):) Just tried to phone your mobile switch off
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • Sean De Freitas
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Hang on,

I will switch it on.