SDA and Jolida

harlow
harlow Posts: 8
edited September 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Waiting out the hurricane here in north FL.
Surfing the audio sites and raised some questions hopefully someone can answer.
Just bought Jolida JD1501RC to hook up to my SDA2 pair.
Is this a common ground amp as Polk says I need?
Have same question for the Jolida SJ-502A I use for my SDA1 pair.
Also, are the SDA1 and SDA2 4 ohm or 8 ohm speakers?
SJ-502A has separate speaker inputs for 4 or 8 ohm.
And one more, what type of amp is not a "common ground"?

Thanks!
Post edited by harlow on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited September 2004
    Hoping you ride it out well.

SDA1 and 2 are 4 ohm speakers.
    I'm pretty sure the Jolida's are common ground, but you should check with Jolida to be 100% sure.
    Dual mono amps and mono block amps are the most common, non-common ground amps.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• harlow
    edited September 2004
    a follow-up question: in the absence of separate posts designated for 4 ohms or 8 ohms (most amps have only one set of posts for speaker output), does the amp or receiver compensate for the difference in speaker ohms? or do they dual capability?
  • F1nut
    edited September 2004
    Depends, some receivers have a switch, some don't. Some receivers can't handle anything lower than 8 ohms, some can do 6 and some can do 4. Most amps can handle 8, 6, 4 ohms some are good at 2 and a few can handle down to 1 ohm. Best advice is to consult the owners manual spec sheet.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• harlow
    edited September 2004
    thanks for the replies!
  • F1nut
    edited September 2004
    Sure thing and "Welcome to the forum."

When you get a chance, post your impressions of the new set up.

President of Club Polk