hmmm...there goes that idea....

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited September 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
well im at home now for the weekend...back to this crappy dial up, but anyway
i was figuring out the volume of my enclosure that ill be building pretty soon
i was thinking about instead of having one giant box that goes the length of my backseat to going to two smaller boxes and leave the middle open
but then after checking the volume itd be a little over 1 ft^3
thats no good...
i was really hoping i could because that means i wouldnt have to mess with a 140lb box...
and yes...with subs it will be ~140lbs...
the ultimate anti-theft deterrent...lol
yeah....after the box is built, it will be put in the truck, then ill put the subs in once theyre in the truck
i still have no clue when im getting these things in...and i cant do crap until theyre in...im going to take out the momo subs and drop the brahmas in and see if they fit
im worried about fitting these things b/c theyre so freakin massive
if i had a new body style gm i wouldnt hardly be worried, but the floor in older models like mine comes up
only time will tell i guess...if worst comes to worst ill put the damn things in the seat...lol
my dad has a truck like mine but newer that he wanted to give to me but i didnt want it mainly b/c of audio...i have way too much stuff in there and it would take forever to swap everything other
but then theres also the fact that id want to switch tires b/c the ones on his truck suck...so thats money, plus the fact that id need to retint my windows, more money, his truck doesnt have elec. door locks...mine didnt and i had them put in...more money
on the bright side its newer...on the downside itd cost me money that i could be using for future audio and truck upgrades, and im also getting a new truck next summer anyway
if they end up not fitting ill try to convince him to give it to me
lol
pretty sad that my choice of vehicles directly varies with my audio equipment:D
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited September 2004
    The original agreement with my mom on my 2nd car was that they'd sell it to me if I didn't screw with it at all. That translated into "no head unit, not speakers, no sub"....I said "No way." I was saying no to a 98 v6 accord ex over an 89 celica (with a shot tranny, bad engine mounts, and cracked oil pan) because they wouldn't let me put a system in it. So I dont think its sad.. or maybe it is and we're all mad in the head.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • exalted512
    edited September 2004
    how long would you have to wait?
    hell...i mightve even waited for that and just saved up...then come home one day with the accord with everything in it:D
    -Cody
  • mbdyer12
    edited September 2004
    Haha. I had to wait 2 months before I was able to convince my mom to let me do the stuff to it, and by then, I already had all the stuff sitting in my closet waiting to go in. :D I pick up my WRX monday morning at 11am :D (I just had to throw that in there)
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2004
    Why the hell is it taking so long for you to get your Brahmas?

This is starting to get ridiculous. What has it been now, a month?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited September 2004
    youre sooo lucky, i want a WRX
    i dunno big mac--i havent had any word on it...it was a month 3 days ago
    they havent told the guy i ordered it from anything and so i emailed adire direct and they told me in a very nice way that they cant give me any info--that its between me and the dealer
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2004
    F' that man! If I were you Id get my money back and tell em to shove it.

Get ya something like an RE or H2 and be done with it. I guarantee ya, either one of these subs would pound you into submission just as much as the Brahma would.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited September 2004
    i know, problem is i got a substantial discount off the brahmas where as i would not be able to do so with RE or orion
    its not as bad as those ED **** though
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2004
    Yeah but what good is a discount if you dont have your subs? :(

Get your money back and find an Orion connection. Hell youve got connections in every other manufactuer, find on of theirs and get ya a couple of H2's!!!

• exalted512
    edited September 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Yeah but what good is a discount if you dont have your subs? :(
    this is true
    another reason why im going with the brahmas is because theyre one of the less deep of the "super subs"
    theyre only 3/4" deeper than the momos....which is necessary because theyll be going into an extremely tight spot...i might even have to angle them if worse comes to worst...
    -Cody
  • mbdyer12
    edited September 2004
    Can you get me a "significant discount" on a brahma too? I'm so poor! haha
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • exalted512
    edited September 2004
    sorry bud...the only thing i can tell you is to go to the www.caraudiotalk.com forum and just "ask" about the brahma, act interested, and a guy seth, his s/n is sandt38 will chime in and might make you an offer
    "i was really looking into a brahma but theyre a bit out of my budget, does anyone know where to get them for cheaper?"
    that might do the trick
    lol
    -Cody