Time to spend again

swerve
swerve Posts: 1,862
edited September 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Yea... so I'm going to have between 500-700 dollars within the next 2 weeks and a new car.... most likely a 97-99 galant. not replacing the subs yet I just need an amp and some comps. so sum rec. would be good but i'm sure i'll be reading MM6 over and over again.... should I go w/ a hifonics amp?

i'm so anticipating a new car...and speakers, and amps, and subs, and a headunit.
fun times

-adam
cats.vans.bag...
Post edited by swerve on

Comments

• mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited September 2004
    MM6 MM6 MM6 MM6 MM6.....

:rolleyes:

I love the Pioneer Premier head units for looks. I'm really happy with the sound. If I didn't care about looks so much, I'd probably go with Alpine.

Hifonics: thumbs up
    I can only say that from what I've heard everyone say about them.

Anyone have comments about these RCA's? I know Audiobahn doesn't make the best speakers or amps but these "look" to be pretty good cables, for not too much.

http://www.millionbuy.com/adbce1540.html
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX
  • swerve
    edited September 2004
    i can't wait till i get my car..... this is going to be so much fun....

oh yea... anyone else here work at cc? who knows what the employee discount is? i can't seem to find it anywhere and i wasn't told...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2004
    $700 for an amp and components? You can get some very good gear for that.

One setup I would recommend would be these JL Audio XR CSI 650 and push em with this Orion 4004 amp and bi-amp them.

Even better would be to go with these awesome MB Quart PCE 216. You can use the Orion amp or this Alpine V12 beauty.

However, these are all from an unauthorized dealer. You wouldnt be able to touch them for these prices if yo went authorized.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    edited September 2004
    I'd like to go authorized.... too much if something were to go wrong. :mad:
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2004
    hey.. swerve. i work for a circuit city. email me at Alexnd03@yahoo.com and i'll tell you how to look up the accomodations on those .
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • swerve
    edited September 2004
    Thx alexz... i still want reccomendations from people. i'm trying to be open minded with this and not get too wrapped up with a set product until I get car. so keep them coming if you all would.

thx
    -adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2004
    if you can get the mm6s for 122 then theres no competition...
    i like my diamonds a lot, the m6 series for $230 shipped from onlinecarstereo
    JLs XR series is pretty good, ive heard stellar things about the adire koda's, CDTs off of thezeb or sounddomain, ID chameleons off of sounddomain
    theres a lot of good stuff out there
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2004
    Definitely jump on the MM6 is you can get em that cheap!! Hell the $190 at sounddomain is almost too good to pass up.

Although, the Diamond M6, JL XR or MB Premium will outperform the MM6 albeit not by much. Ya get what you pay for.

You should also look for a Focal dealer near you. The closest one to me has the Polyglass comps for $340. That is very low and its from an authorized dealer. Maybe you could get lucky with those.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    edited September 2004
    k... i guess i'm going MM6 w/ hifonics amp... now I have like 300-500 for a head unit!

then i won't get subs and an amp till around xmas time.
    thanks everyone!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2004
    www.electronicscity.com
    authorized pioneer premier for cheap:D
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    edited September 2004
    that's hot...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited September 2004
    dude, when did the 960 get the motorized face?? did they switch the styling between that and the 800 series this year??
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • swerve
    edited September 2004
    Next week I can start ordering stuff! I really am leaning towards that deck but I'll take other suggestions...

-adam

187 posts!!! yay every rappers favorite police code
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited September 2004
    *shakes head* oh my......
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • swerve
    edited September 2004
    You know you were down with Dre and Snoop when they did 187 on a *(&&(^*()&*() cop..... :D

just trying to have fun. I'm ripping about 50 cd's that my friend bought now.... can't wait till i get an MP3 compat. deck. I need a car first! lol
    -adam
    cats.vans.bag...