Dropping the Sony HU!

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited September 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys,

I just need some basic help. I currently have the Sony MX600 HU and well...it sucks...Ive come to blame it for the third blowing of my MM12. Ive heard clipping is the cause of this, but I like to listen to things loud. So I am currently looking at the Alpine 9827. Do you guys think this will help me out, so I dont have to send this sub back for repairs again? Also does anyone know where to get recommendations for all the subs settings or could you make some?

The setup would be:

Alpine 9827 HU
Kenwood KAC1720 AMP 460 RMS
Polk MOMO MM12 Enclosed Sub

Thanks!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited September 2004
    yeah, go for the alpine, i think you'll really notice a difference; and here is a good place to go to learn how to set your amp properly.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2004
    I agree that you should go with the Alpine. They are my personal preference for h/u's. However, it is highly unlikely the Sony is responsible for your sub going to the great beyond. Momo subs are notorious for dying with just a little bit of extra power. I say the problem is with the sub itself because theyre kind of wimpy. Tune your gain down a little or go for another sub. MTX and JL Audio are tow of my favorite subs.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D