Halo 2 release date

Options
drakan
drakan Posts: 54
edited September 2004 in Video Games
Hi everybody just wondering if nov 9/04 is the actual release date?can anyone confirm this?

Thanks Drakan
Post edited by drakan on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's november 9th.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Demiurge
    I'm pretty sure it's november 9th.

Yep, and I am getting....impatient...very impatient
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Yep, and I am getting....impatient...very impatient

You??? I've had this game pre ordered for like 18 friggin months!!! They keep pushing it back, and I'm getting PISSED!!!
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I'm probably the only person here who thought the first Halo was juuuuuuuuust a bit overrated. I didn't like it as much as it was billed. Of course I was really excited about the XBox and got one the day they were released along with Halo. It's a really cool game, but I like more realistic graphics than that. The weaponry seemed really cheesy too. I'm hoping this one will be better.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked halo, but I just don't think it measured up to the hype.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I thought it was quite overrated as well. Granted, its the best FPS for a console, but guess what, there are many FPSs for the PC that are far better. The only thing Halo has over PC FPSs is the fun factor of putting a ton of people into a room to play the same game. Other than that, its just a marginal game.
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Shizelbs
    I thought it was quite overrated as well. Granted, its the best FPS for a console, but guess what, there are many FPSs for the PC that are far better. The only thing Halo has over PC FPSs is the fun factor of putting a ton of people into a room to play the same game. Other than that, its just a marginal game.

I guess that's where I was coming from. I thought that the Unreal series was the most superior FPS on the planet, but that's just me. To each his or her own. I still like Halo.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited September 2004
    Options
    amen demi, unreal kicks the crap outta halo, especially with ut2k4 now. that game is amazing.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2004
    Options
    UT2K4 is what I had in mind as well.

If you ask me, consoles are good for sports games only, and I just bought Madden 2005 for the PC.
  • punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Bah, Halo owns =P

Nothing beats playing multiplayer FPS's sitting right next to each other...LAN parties dont even compare...and not too many people actually want to lug around their PCs all the time

Flame On,

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited September 2004
    Options
    16 Players, Rocket Launcher Deathmatches...

That is what I am talking about...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by punk-roc
    Bah, Halo owns =P

Nothing beats playing multiplayer FPS's sitting right next to each other...LAN parties dont even compare...and not too many people actually want to lug around their PCs all the time

Flame On,

Jason

You don't need to lug your computer around to play MP and you don't need to pay money for MP. This is why PC will always reign supreme for MP action...until the Consoles start allowing free MP gaming.

When I have friends over we like to play video games. Halo is good for that. Nobody was denying it, but it's not a superior FPS in the least.