A SUPER SYSTEM IN THE MAKING + POLK MOMO 10"in box

francis1967
francis1967 Posts: 161
edited September 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I need to find something that I can fit into my wifes car. THe car is worht less than her stereo that I ambuilding but hey, you do look a car, you listen to a car,...AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT.

Anyway, she has got great alpine cda 7997 and I have a V12 the F407 4x 120 alpine watts and I am going to install this in a very little car. I need some advice on the bass, what thinking that I should jeg buy off ebay they setup box with momo 12" ins ide and with full wiring. and just connect to a bridged 407 sending 240w to the sub k=leaving leaving me with 2x 120w to out for the speaks in the back rear shelt. the I g=figured that the headunit has 4x60 and I could take each front conponents and give the what they want ...whoopiin 40wfor 4"baby midrange and minitweet. and I would still have a set of 2x40w that I don't know what to do with. ARy you girls and boys following? I am findingall this comps on ebay at prices so low I could use the rest of the mony for upgrading her to a tv later. Mi wife will love me after thi is done.

BUT,,...I NEED FEEDBACK THIS IS A FIRST FOR ME
WE DRIVE GEO PRIZM 1994, Everything came stock wit the car twelve years ago. SO I love mywifle enough that sheneeds somesuoer super setup.

This is what I have now Alpike 7997, 4x MBQuart 4" amd 6,5" from their pro series. and their Q series. so the speakers are fantastic, I need help with gettin some good polk quality prep-made bassinstalled in a box where all I nee to do is to hook it up iwth the rca bass out on HU.

But my dear friends, this is my first try. Are there things I have not throught of and will give grief somet hing I need local help with.

Please let me knok, I am trying to do tis for my wife and she has her brithday in only two week. ENough talk. Send this one out to you wonderwomen and Supermen and ghelp me get th most out of this....Manu thanks and when job's good and done we will give you all a round of Cyber beer, trust me!!! Greetings from San Diego Mary and Michael.
Post edited by francis1967 on

Comments

• Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited September 2004
    hmmm...

1. a "super system" as most of us would view it will cost upwards of 6grand...

2. i'm kinda confused... could you list what exactly you have hooked up to what? i know you have the alpine 7997, what amp, if any, do you currently have installed in the car and running what speakers. Post specs or links to specs please. also, are you saying that you have 4x 4" and 4x 6.5" quarts? or are you saying that you have 4 speakers total, two 4" and two 6.5"... also which speakers are which series of quarts...

3. lastly we need to know your price range, what type of music you enjoy, and how loud you like it so we can put something together that suits your needs... (if you say super system my mind automatically goes to the 6g and up range so something a little more accurate of what you want to spend would be nice)
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2004
    Agreed.

With speakers the caliber of what you have youll probably not want a $150 Profile amp but most people cant afford the $1000 Xtant I would have if I suddenly tripped over a $1000 bill.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • francis1967
    francis1967 Posts: 161
    edited September 2004
    Hey guys, thanks for feedback. I am finalizing now. With the headunit I am going to run my pair of MBQ coaxs in the back from the head unit. I will spend a little more watts on the front component speaks from MBQ and run 2x120w to those fronts, and last I have bought a momo 10" in enclosure for $80 today which I couldn't refuse. I am going to bridge the last two channels of my F407 which should give me 240watts into the 10" momo. I hope this will do.

THe wife's Prizm is worth about $800 so I figure it's a stereo with for wheels and a gastank basically.

Thanks for your thought and I hope I did well here. Will see, still needs to be installed. I was thinking of buying some streetwires sets on Ebay, is that the right thing to do or is it cheaper just to let the shop charge for necessary wires? What do you the experts say?

Thanks,
    Michael.