Using baffles with MM465s in door panel.

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am installing into an 86 4runner, which is not a drop in install. I am cutting the doors, dynamating the doors, etc. Is it alright to use a baffle on the back of these speakers? I do not want to get water onto the back of these speakers, and seeing how this is my hunting/camping/wheeling truck, there will be a lot of weather conditions involved.(Even though I do live in AZ).
I do not want o degrade the response or SQ of these speakers at all. Will this work, and any certain size that the baffles need to be. These will not be custom baffles, just the foam ones that you can pick up at crutchfield. Thanks, Tom
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• uberfreix
    uberfreix Posts: 15
    edited February 2002
    The baffles should not be a major problem. This main question that I would ask is...Is there a subwoofer in your system? The baffle your a putting on is essentially a small enclosure and when you put an enclosure on a woofer that is too small you lose low frequency response. If you have the sub this should not be an issue but if running full range could detract from the sound. As I recall the baffles are not terribly expensive so it might be worth a shot just to try out. Ideally a fiberglass enclosure behind the woofer would give best protection / sound. Hope this helps!

Matt