RCA "black plate" 7199

Options
organ
organ Posts: 4,969
edited October 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Hell yeah! I received my four NOS/NIB RCA 7199 today. These tubes are AMAZING. I really like Sylvania but this one is just incredible. The high freq extension is much, much better than the other 7199's I've tried. Vocals have more body and air and the bass/mid bass and dynamics is killer. I found myself listening at higher volumes with these tubes. I love them. I'm gonna stock up on them for a lifetime supply. All you Dynaco owners should give the RCA a try. You won't be dissapointed!

Maurice
Post edited by organ on

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Congratulations. Are these the ones from ebay? Could you snap a nice close pic if you get a chance?
    Make it Funky! :)
  • organ
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Yeah, they're the ones from ebay. The guy's got a big box full of them. All NOS/NIB. Not sure when my bro is going to be home. He has the digi cam with him. I'll snap a pic as soon as he gets home. I should have it done within a few days.

Maurice
  • organ
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Gidrah,
    Sorry for the delay. Here are some pics...
  • organ
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Here's a pair on my ST-70 with some big orange drop caps. I'm going to give Auri caps a try because tubestore.com just started selling them.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Maurice,
    How's about a seller name. I'm coming up empty here search-wise...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Thanks, Maurice...

All the way from Geneva... cool. Unfortunately not a single 7199 listed on their site... :(
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Yo, maurice.... You out there? Fall off the wagon? ;)

PM's mon frier (SP?)... PM's...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I've got a box full of those, around here somewhere.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Tour2ma
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Personal stock or "Rancho"?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Thanks for the pic. Mine are different. They have white lettering and maybe some other differences, but I can't tell for certain.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • organ
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Bruce,
    Sorry for the delay. PM'd ya back.

Russ,
    A box full???? Man, you're going to be rich! They're the most sought after 7199 tube.

Gidrah,
    There's a few version of the RCA black plates. I hear mine is the later version with the small 'RCA' printed on the tube. I've seen pics of the earlier version with a much larger RCA logo with the lightning bolt. If yours says RCA and the plates are black, you've got RCA black plates. Wonder if there's a difference in sound with them.

Maurice