8" Momo subs w/ xtant 1.1i's

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited September 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Hi,
I have a Toyota Tundra Access cab and am severly limited in where I can put equipment. Currently, I have the MMC6500's up front and a Q-logic sub box (going for steath and SQ) with 2 Momo 8"DVC subs. My original plan was to run a pair of Xtant 403a's, vertically biamping the MMC6500's and running each sub off of one of the mono channels on both amps.

Problem is, the amps didn't fit -- unless I was willing to give up my back seat! Here is my question. The xtant 1.1's are small enough to fit back there and I was wondering if they would work for the subs, one 1.1' running one 8"DVC sub.

What do you think? I am having problems finding an amp that sounds good and fits......

Thanks,
Scott
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited September 2004
    Options
    i think that you'd need one amp for each coil of both subs - each coil is 4 ohms. parallel them down to 2 ohms, and put that on the amp, and xtant says that the thing will still output 100 W (same as it would to 4 ohms, which is odd, and means that it's well-regulated, unless it's a typo). if that amp does indeed put out 100Wx1 Ch. @ 2 ohms, it won't work to those drivers' full potential. give them a call on tuesday and find out if that's right, and if it's not, what they can suggest. or wait for a response from someone with a similar vehicle and situation.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2004
    Options
    you might try looking at sounddomain to see what people with your vehicle have done
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Great idea on bi-amping. That is the ONLY way Ill run my systems from now on!

The Xtant 1.1 is a fully regulated, full range, mono amp. It will put out around 100 watts with any voltage or impedance so Neo is right in that it wont be enough for that sub.

Also, those little beauties are made for and beg for a high end set of full range speakers! These are awesome amps that sound great and sticking them on a sub is like giving a C4 Vette to a 85 year old lady!

Also they dont make the A series amps anymore so unless you have a source lined up you wont be able to find them. Mitek Factory Direct doesnt even offer them anymore.

Its gonna be tough seeing as how youve got 2 DVC subs. You could dump one of the subs and go with a 5 channel amp like this hoss from Kicker for $580. You could bi-amp the fronts and use the mono channel on one of the 8's and be set.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D