It's been over a year and I was just reading an oldy but goody

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited September 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10804&perpage=30&highlight=Al@Polk&pagenumber=1

Remember that one? :D

It got kinda ugly at points but I was searching for an older post I made and stumbled on that gem!

I thought that since it's been a year or so since it was all discuss, it might be neat to see how it has progressed.

So what do ya think?

It's long if you go through and read all those posts but that was a good discussion.

I have to think about it a little bit before I can put it down on paper...er...uh...a forum.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2004
    yeah i remember that...we actually got a rep from polk to talk to us besides the installers...pretty good stuff
    ill read over it again later and post my thoughts...ive had class one day and already have a test in 30 minutes...
    study time...yay:mad:
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited September 2004
    oh yeah... that was a while ago lol

cody... welcome to my world... in one class i have 3 one to three page papers due a week :p
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2004
    that blows...
    im taking math 150...pre cal...and im confused...:confused:
    probably didnt help that i didnt take a math my senior year...
    just got back from the rec center...man the girls are freakin hot in this college...
    time to get to work on math...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited September 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    man the girls are freakin hot in this college...
    -Cody

that's the best part of college :D plenty of eye candy ;)
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2004
    Personally I think the new MMC6500's are EXCELLENT speakers. I consider them to be as good as most $350-425 offerings. Ive had the opportunity to listen to them on the Tweeter soundboard against MB Quart Reference, Premium and Q series as well as JL TR, VR, and XR and Boston Acoustic models and the Momos kicked ****! Now granted this is a soundboard in less than ideal settings but you can still get an idea of how a speaker is going to perform.

I also would have ZERO problem entering a SQ competition with a set of Momo components, either the MMC6500 or the mighty MM6. Now I wouldnt want to get into the Pro+ leagues with the $$$$$$$ systems but down in the "real world" stock and amateur ranks Id feel plenty confident.

It seems to me that Polk Audio is getting better with each new generation of the Momos. Ive never heard the old DB series but I cant imagine them being that much better than the current gen of Momo.

Again, Im not familiar with their earlier products but Im not disappointed in Polk at all. I still consider them to be the tallest hog at the trough in the $300 and under category and a top contender in the $300-450 league.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D