speaker install on 97 bmw 528??

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited September 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I was wondering if anyone out there could give some help/advice on installing new speakers on a 97 bmw 528, I want to replace the factory 5.25" speaker with some new Polk 2-ways. I started to try the removal of the rear deck speakers but couldn't figure out how to get them out. Next I went to the front door speakers and discovered that you have to remove the door panel to replace the speakers (I think). I stopped at that point, because I didn't want to screw something up. Has anyone replaced the speakers themselves that could help me figure this out. I would appreciate any help.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited September 2004
    first piece of advice is to go to autozone and pick up the hanes manuel for your car... these things are priceless and i've had one for every car i've owned...

2nd... you'll probably have to remove your rear seats to get at the rear speakers, unless they mount from the trunk... it should be pretty easy to tell, just stick your head in the trunk and see which end of the screws is there... if your seats fold down you'll probably just have to remove the side panels in the rear and remove the carpeted panel of the rear deck.

Doors. If you have manual windows you'll need to go to autozone and get a tool for it, they'll know what you need. if not then you just have to make sure you remove all the screws before you start pulling the door off... it'll be held in by plastic pins that will pull out then go back into their holes. don't be afraid to tug on it a little they should come out if you've gotten all the screws and other pieces that could be holding it in (door handle, rearview mirror trim etc.)

good luck
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!