MMC650 installation ?

knieght rieduz
knieght rieduz Posts: 7
edited September 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have some MMC650s and plan to get the MMC690s

the problem I'm having is that sites like crutchfield say that none of the MMC speakers will fit my car. The mounting depth is very similar frop top and bottom from the db series and they fit.

the car i'm trying to install these on is a 2004 SRT-4 (neon chassis)

any suggestions? thanks guys

-Mitesh
Post edited by knieght rieduz on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    you make a spacer...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2004
    The problem with the Momo speakers is not the depth but rather the width of the basket. Its about the size of a football!!

It took me a couple of hours of bending, prying and cutting to get mine to fit.

Check the spot where youre going to be mounting them. If it has plenty of room around the edges to be cut out and you have a decent depth and are willing to do some modifications you will be able to get them to fit.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited September 2004
    go to wallmart and get a dremel with some good cutting bits... that'll save on the bleeding and prying, just mark out how much you need gone and cut it away... you can get a decent dremel for 40-50 bucks and trust me you'll find plenty of uses for it.

BTW, how do you like that SRT-4? that's a turbo charged Inline 4 right? bout how quick are they? and do you have any idea why a guy with one felt the need to race my stock '96 saturn?
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • knieght rieduz
    knieght rieduz Posts: 7
    edited September 2004
    i think i'm going to try the dremel for the ease, thanks for all the advice guys.

joelsbass: alot of srt owners think their cars are the **** and feel the need to rev against any car next to them... from saturns to corvettes...:confused:
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited September 2004
    it's just realy funny when something that actually is fast, like the srt-4 or a camero, firebird etc. feels the need to prove it'self to a saturn lol... i've had all 3 feel the need to race me :rolleyes:

i'd rather have the srt-10 though... kinda pricy though lol, gotta admit it'd be nice to have a viper engine :D
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!