Where do unauthorized dealers get their stuff?

MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited September 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Seeing as how Cody, Jstas and a few others have had good luck buying from unauthorized dealers like Onlinecarstereo.com and the likes, I began looking around on them for speakers. Onlinecarstereo has MB Quart Premiums for $280 and CBRstereo.com has em for $270! Jesus! These are $600 speakers!!!

I know from Codys recent purchase from OCS that they ship out brand new, good condition gear but I cant figure out where they get them in the first place!

This is the reason I was always skeered to buy from unauthorized dealers for fear of getting some remanufactuered, repaired or worse equpiment. However, with OCS at least, this doesnt seem to be the case. So where do they get them and how do they get them so cheap?!?

Does anyone know or am I the only moron that doesnt? :confused:

I thought about emailing them and asking but like theyre really going to tell me, "yeah, we go snooping thru MBQ's dumpsters after they go home and sell what we find on here!"
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    im guessing they get it factory direct as well...but i really have no clue
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2004
    They typically come from other authorized dealers. The authorized dealers will often buy in large quantities in order to obtain quantiity discounts and then they sell the excess stock to other retailers at their cost. Since the unauthorized sellers are under no obligation to the mfg. to sell at MSRP they can sell for as little over cost as they want. This is also the reason that many of the unauthoized sellers take off the original serial #s so the original buyer can not be identified and incur the wrath of the mfg.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    Well that doesnt sound too bad. I can live with that. I am hoping to learn they are brand new, from the factory products because I would absolutley love, I mean LOVE to have a set of MBQ Premiums!!! And at $280 who couldnt afford those?!?!!!

Oh, and just for **** and grins, I emailed Onlinecarstereo and asked them where they get their stuff, especially their MB Quart gear. Im curious as to what theyre going to say. Ill let y'all known when and if I get a response! LOL ;)
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2004
    why waste the $$ on MB-Quack **** ?

280 can get you sonically perfect Oz Audio components. Treated paper never sounded so good.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2004
    Because I dont consider MB Quart speakers to be a waste of money. I personally think they are just about the best speakers on the market. For my musical taste, I like a lot of clear detail and the Quarts have that in spades. This is especially the case with the Q's. Those are the best sounding speakers Ive ever heard, but for $1300 they should be!

However, Ive never heard Oz Audio speakers but Ill check them out. Maybe Ive got a dealer nearby and can go give em a listen.

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2004
    he bought the bottom of the line 3" mb quarts for his caddy and now he has a hate for MB Quart...
    i was never much of a fan of MB Quart...remind me a lot of JL
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2004
    I had a set of Discus 6.5's in my '00 Ram running off a 50x2 PPI amp and they sounded awesome. I like their Reference series a lot too. They have a nice natural sound. However I dont think theyre any better than the MMC6500 or MM6 and I like the Focal Polyglass better as well which is in the same price point.

I like the Premiums a lot better. They have a little darker sound than the MM's and the Reference which doesnt sound as good on a soundboard but does work well inside a car which has a lot more harsh reflective surfaces going on. In the below $600 (MSRP) league these are hard to beat.

The Q's just rule! Out of all the speakers Ive checked out, these are the best Ive heard to date. If I had $1300 just lying around, Id be on my way to Tweeter to pick up a set.