Kim, the 8 inch DVC subs should be in the week for my friend's Jeep.

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited September 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
We have everything wired up and waiting for them to show up. As soon as they get in, we can mount them.

A question though, I'm guessing the answer is yes but do they need to be broken in?

If so, I won't be able to give a complete review until probably November/December when the break-in period is up.

We did listen to the 12 inch MMC DVC's last night at Tweeter. I think I made a sale for them too because they had some cheesey amp that I cannot remember who made it for the life of me. I had them switch it over to a JL Audio amp and they just woke up! They hit incredibly hard and they were very clean and clear. The people in the other listening room heard it over the 10 inch JL's in the other room and came to look at what was making that noise. I was pushing them pretty damn hard even though the salesman was getting nervous. The compression in the room from those subs was amazing! I could feel it all over the room and my t-shirt was visibly shaking. Very impressive!

The people from the other room were gushing all over it and one guy even said that it was because of the JL amp. the Salesman said "No, those are pretty good subs." and switched over to a Kicker amp and they played even louder than the JL amp. The JL amp was lower power though so it's understandable.

Anyway, nice subs! I'm not so leary about the 8 inches now! If those 12 inchers can play like that those 8's I got for the Jeep will work out just perfect!

Oh and yes, even the salesman agreed, those 12 in MMC DVC's were soundly "kicking the JL subs ****". Everyone in the room agreed and I really think JL lost a sale. Defintly a stout sub and worth every penny! Just make sure you put some serious power behind it! I can't wait to hear the 8 inchers hooked up to this Hifonics amp!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited August 2004
    Good to hear you (and others) had a good experience with the subs. Now would you mind going to Tweeter and informing their salespeople that it is OK to sell our amps? ;)
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited August 2004
    lol
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Jstas
    edited August 2004
    bump to the top for Kim

• Jstas
    edited August 2004
    Kim, answer my question about break-in and go read my other post about bestowing things upon friends!

• Jstas
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by MTXMAN
    lol

Sorry, I was looking at this thread again and I'm not sure what's so funny?

• Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by bknauss
    Now would you mind going to Tweeter and informing their salespeople that it is OK to sell our amps? ;)

that's what i found amusing ;)

that and this is a good way to keep it bumped for kim... hey bk tell em to get is but on here and read this thread :p
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    tell tweeter to build a couple of their stores in college station and corpus christi
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited September 2004
    lol, i wouldn't mind seeing one in Fort Wayne IN either
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!