Looking for deal on a Monster HTS 5100

scottvamp
scottvamp Posts: 3,277
edited August 2004 in Flea Market
Been trying to score a new or excellent condition Home Theatre Reference PowerCenter™ HTS 5100.
When I move into my new house I want a unit for both my systems. I like my HTS 3500 but need to kick it up a notch for the reference HT. I really like the digital readouts. Love the "Signature" series but even at $555 that is a little steep.
I have bid on several on Ebay and keep being outbid. Seems to be a very populair unit.

Any thoughts?????? Should I just kick down the cash - :cool:
Post edited by scottvamp on

Comments

• Crystalclear
    Crystalclear Posts: 196
    edited August 2004
    You just missed out on a 5100 that sold for...get this,$295 over on Audiogon.They usually can be had for under $475 in 9/10 condition ove on the GON.Good luck!:D
    Old School stuff
    Sunfire Theater Grand Processor
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 225x5 Amp
    Monster AVS 2000 Signature
    Polk RT800i's
    Polk CS400i
    Polk FX500's
    (2) 2700 watt Sunfire Signature Subs
    65' HDTV Mitsubishi Widescreen
  • scottvamp
    edited August 2004
    Thanks Crystalclear, I had just looked at Audiogon and saw that it was sold. I never shop thier but that is the only one that came up.
  • Burnzy
    Burnzy Posts: 250
    edited August 2004
    There are a couple of Monster HTS 5100's over on eBay right now. A few w/BIN prices of $369.95 w/free shipping.

Good luck,
    SYSTEM
    HDTV ..........Sony KP-57WV600
    CD / DVD......Sony DVP-C675D
    AVR ............Denon 2801
    MAINS .........Polk RTi8
    CENTER .......Polk CSi5
    Surrounds ....Polk FXi3
    Sub ............Polk PSW-250
    Cables.........Zebra Cables
  • scottvamp
    edited August 2004
    Thanks Burnzy, been bidding and checked them out. Those units are used/demo. The guys feedback is real shady.
    One huge seller has the "SS" model for $250 under retail and has steller feedback - tried to get him to give me free shipping but no deal. I think I may go for it anyway................
    Even if i had to sale it back used I would get atleast 80% of that price.
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited August 2004
    Scott,

I do have a comment. I understand trying to get a good deal on a 5100, but will Monster honor their warranty if you purchase used or off of eBay? Monster has a fantastic warranty on their gear and they do honor it if you have lightning strike your house etc. (especially with all the nice gear you have).

I thought the chances would be remote of lightning ever striking, but a person I work with, his neighbors house's tree in the front yard got hit by lightning and it fried his Integra receiver and VCR. This was about three blocks away from me, but I also realize where I live (thunderstorm alley here in N.O.)

Just some thoughts I had.:) I got my Monster gear from authorized dealers just for peace of mind.
  • scottvamp
    edited August 2004
    pjdami, thanks for the info. The seller on Ebay claims full warrenty and is a trust worthy power seller. Selling 10% hi-end big screen tv's. I for one respect black market sell on ebay and have bought serveral items in the past this way. In this case being a Singnature Monster item, i am sure the quality will be up to par.
    I agree that the warrenty is taken with a grain of salt. But i have confidence in this perticalur product and am willing to take a risk for 30% off of a limited edition item. Mr. Monster himself hand signs each unit.......
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2004
    Scott - Contact EZC, forum member, and ask him to hook you up. He squared me away quite nicely for a non-SS(Blah)HTS-5100, and Ace is super cool. Don't sweat the SS series, just wear protection.

Perfect transaction, no worries at any time.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • scottvamp
    edited August 2004
    Thanks for the input guys. I just purchased the 5100 SS on ebay for $250 under retail. The SS units seem to be getting rare. 1 SS unit (got mine $40 cheaper) and only 3 total 5100 units on ebay today and they are just under what I purchased the SS for......
    The SS units use the 400 series power cord which is not even available for sale and they go for $150 alone.
    I'm looking forward to recieving this unit!!!!