Anyone familiar with this...

Options
steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,522
edited September 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Anyone familiar with the Marantz PMD-800 am/fm tuner? Here's a pic:
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• gmorris
    gmorris Posts: 1,179
    edited August 2004
    Options
    No.:D
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
  • steveinaz
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Alright....take a time-out mister.;)
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Ok, FWIW I found some info. It's apparently the replacement for the ST6000P; in fact aside from model number, they are identical in appearance and spec's.
  • PolknPepsi
    PolknPepsi Posts: 781
    edited September 2004
    Options
    If that tuner is anything like the one in my old Marantz reciever then it should pull in stations from far away!
    ..:) .....Pat
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited September 2004
    Options
    From vintage tuners.

The ST6000/6000P is a current-model black AM-FM digital tuner that is available either with (the “P” model) or without rack-mount handles. We don't know if there are any other differences between the two versions. Like its competitor, the Fanfare FT-1A, the ST6000/6000P is very attractive and has wide and narrow IF bandwidth settings. It has the electronic equivalent of 4 gangs and 4 ceramic filters. Our panelist Eric reviewed an ST6000 that had been modified before he got it, so we can't say anything about it in stock form, but with narrow filters installed its selectivity is tough to beat. The ST6000 usually sells for $120-190 on eBay, but one clueless seller priced his “Buy-it-Now” at $45 in 12/03. [EF]