Question on a Mitsubishi Eclipse

SVT Pimpin
SVT Pimpin Posts: 12
edited August 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I bought a new car today!!! It's a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, and i have a question.

On this car, the display is actually seperate from the radio itself, and i was wondering if i hooked up my pioneer DEHP6500 would i still be able to use that screen? or would it just be a clcck? My guess is that it wont work but i'd like some feedback/suggestions if you guys may know the answer.

Thanks Guys!..
Post edited by SVT Pimpin on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    i dunno...your best bet would be go to any of your local installers and ask
    congrats on the car though...eclipses are pretty sweet!
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2004
    this is a pic of my dash, kinda. the top is my 'screen', next down is a CD compartment for 2 CDs, and last is my HU. if the screen you're talking about is anything like mine, then there's no issue.

a side question: i've seen many eclipses with aftermarket mufflers, and only one of them has been hung straight and securely. Is there some mechanical reason for this?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • SVT Pimpin
    SVT Pimpin Posts: 12
    edited August 2004
    Neo -

You say that there is "NO ISSUE" if my screen is like that. What does that mean? Will the screen stilll work(like showing what station is tuned in or what track is playing?

Again my thoughts are that no it wont, but please correct me if i'm wrong
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2004
    No, you would have to get a harness from "bizarro world" to get that to work!:D Your OE radio would send signals to that display to make it work. It will ONLY work with that radio. Unless you are an electronics genious, it ain't gonna happen.