What about the Xenon series from PG?
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP
    2 Polk Audio MM2124's

More to come...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Personally I like the Titanium series better. They had awesome specs (THD .001% - SNR 110 db) and looked great. The main gripe I have with the Xenon series is that they are fully regulated. In other words they put out their rated power at all impedances. That in itself isnt that bad but regulated amps tend to not have quite as much headroom than an unregulated type. The difference would be seen in the slap of a snare drum. A regulated amp would play that slap at the same power as the rest of the frequencies. An unregulated amp would play it at higher power making it cut thru the rest of the music as it should and thus be more relasitic. Headroom also adds a great deal to detail.

Not that this makes it a bad amp. JL Audio Slash series and all Xtant amps are regulated and I dont think you could find too many people (outisde of Sinton TX :p ) that would consider either of those to be sub-par amps.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    Options
    i live in college station, and JL sucks
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it