Yes another amp question

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
I was reading some past discussions and came across where a guy was talking about his MTX81000D. I thought you said that this amp could power 4 MOMO's? Was this correct? Or maybe at least three while its running with 14.4 volts cause then it pushes 1500watts (supposibly). Also if it doesnt, I was planning on getting an additional 2 12's if I need to get another amp and connect them together does it matter if its a different amp, my friend told me that if u connect 2 different amps together it will sound all messed up. is that true?

Also, everyone says to put a fuse within 16 inches of the battery. Why? What does it matter if its next to the battery or in the trunk.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    edited February 2002
    Options
    isnt the series/parallel configuration where u take 2 of the speakers and hook the pos to pos and neg to neg and connect em to the amp and do the same with the other two?

If you connect two amps together will it get distorted because of different responses and stuff?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Do you think that connecting the four MOMOs to that amp is severly underpowering the subs? Whats the minimum wattage that these subs can handle without harming them. Cause I know I have blown a sub from underpowering it before.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing