New MOMO?

Options
CravePolk
CravePolk Posts: 8
edited August 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Does anyone know when the new MOMO subs are coming out? I'm looking for the deep bass hitting which can handle at least 400W RMS.
Post edited by CravePolk on

Comments

• bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited August 2004
    Options
    The M2124s handle 400W RMS as specified on the site. There are also the new DVCs, which if I understand Kim correctly, handle 400W per voice coil for 800W overall.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • CravePolk
    edited August 2004
    Options
    I already have the M2124s which are good subs, but I want something that hits deeper. I'm looking to see if they worked all the kinks out of the M2124s and come out with a new and improved MOMO. Something that will once again establish the Polk/MOMO name similiar to what they did with the MM6.
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited August 2004
    Options
    We all feel you there, but the MoMo series hasn't tarnished Polk too bad, while setting them down a bit into the styleing over performance and quality league, they have managed to keep very good quality. We tend to get a lot of the bad posts here, but even then, 99% of the time you get a new MM to replace it. Whatever the reason for the flaw, they've made up generously in customer service.
    I can't wait to see the new line myself, though I'll be much too broke to buy them.
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • CravePolk
    edited August 2004
    Options
    I completely agree with you that Polk has always had a superior product when compared to others and their customer service is exceptional. I would just like the changes that took place for the MM6 to be carried over to their subs. I'm sure most of us are willing to pay the extra $ to see it happen and are patiently waiting.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited August 2004
    Options
    As mentioned in another thread, there is a better line of subs and components in the works. There is no definite date of when they will come out... if ever. I wouldn't expect a newer lineup of Momo stuff for a while. With the somewhat new MM2 series, the db subs, and the Momo DVCs, I bet Polk takes a bit of a breath before bringing out reworked stuff.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2004
    Options
    I would think the new DVC subs should be a little more heavy duty. Seeing as they handle twice the power of their conterparts, may they will hit a little harder and last a little longer.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D