When are the DVC MMC subs being released?

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited August 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I wanna know 'cause I have two on pre-order from SoundDomain for my friends Jeep.

YES!

He finally decided on what the hell he wants to do!

So he dropped ~1500 in stereo gear last night. He picked up a Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X879 head unit, a Hifonics Nemesis NX750D mono amp, a Hifonics Warrior Eagle 4 channel amp MMC 4x6 inch plates and 5.25 inch coaxials.

He also got these boxes:

Quad Pod speaker housing
p33687.JPG

Which houses 8 inch speakers in the lower pod and 6 inch speakers in the top. I'm leary of these because I am fearing that they are going to flex. If that is the case then I'll be covering them and using them as a mold to 'glas a set of similar enclosures with higher strength. I may end up carpeting these too. I think I am going to have to fill them in some though. They are .55 cu. ft. and the subs say .35 if I'm not mistaken. Some 3M expanding foam should do the job just fine.

So that's the final decision and he has plans for adding mid-bass/mid-range speakers in the 6 inch pods. But that was cost prohibitive at this time.

I'll take pictures and certainly give a review on the new subs. They should be quite impressive and I'm kinda excited to get to play with them.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited August 2004
    That's not a problem. I'll get it all wired up and when the sub come in, just drop them into place.

Just checked, SoundDomain/CarDomain is in Seattle, Washington so he'll be getting the subs earlier than the EC retailers will.

Thanks for your help Kim! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and tell you what he thinks about them too! It's pretty much a given that my over-opinionated self will be pontificating about them soon enough!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited August 2004
    Those boxes look like they'll be perfect for that Jeep. Like you said, the only concern would be the flexing. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing how you like those subs.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2004
    I too am looking forward to hearing how they sound.

Ive never seen enclosures like that but they seem like a great idea. Not only do you get a pair of 8" subs, but you retain a lot of storage space and get a spot for some 6" speakers.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    i have a friend with a jeep...id love to hear a review on those boxes when you get everything set up
    dont you just love when someone drops $1500 on stuff that you recommend?
    its like building another system in your car...but at no expense to you
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it