Pansonic CD player messes up Parking Lights PLZ Help

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited August 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok guys I need your help my friend has a 1987 Old. Calais for his birthday he had some install a pansonic cd player well after the install no parking lights which is bad at night.... I tried replacing the fuse but it just keeps blowing out please help!!!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited August 2004
    Ok here's what they did:
    There is a wire in the harness to your cd player (part of the car) that is powered by your parking light switch, this is to tell the cd player when to dim (ie when the dash lights are on at night). ALSO on some cars there is a second wire that is powered off of your dash light dimmer.

They either:
    1: Hooked one of these wires to the ground... or...
    2: Sliced the insulation off on one of these wires and it is probably rubbing on the deck's metal chassis.

Take it out, inspect the wires for damage, then figure out what they wired wrong :rolleyes:

BTW, who did the install? Maybe you can make them troubleshoot and fix it.

-Jerry

edit: Just don't let them tell you it's your equipment or car's fault.

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2004
    ive found that those dimmer leads cause way more problems than they're worth... i'd say just disconnect it
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • mbdyer12
    mbdyer12 Posts: 220
    edited August 2004
    Yeah I got pissed when my AC/heater controls wouldn't light up at night so I couldn't see what temperature it was set at...Turned out when I disconnected the battery, it reset the dim option to "off" on the head unit and it was somehow connected to the display for the temp. Way more trouble than its worth.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX