system showcase

Options
TrappedUnder Ice
TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I submitted my system or the showcase over a week ago.. how long is it taking for y'all to post em? :confused:
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited February 2002
    Options
    AHHH! Can you send it to me again. I looked through my emails and can't find it. webmaster@polkaudio.com

Sorry about that, I'll put it up today :)

~JB
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Ok.. I sent it again..you loose this time..and I'm giving you Micah's "crusty sock" award!!!
    thanx..
    thomas_A
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2002
    Options
    The system showcase is shaping up really well. I like the wide range of old and new Polks and the blending of both into various systems.

Can't say I approve of that strange looking character posing in his sweats in front of his system. What an F-ING dork!!! NO WAIT...THATS ME!!!

JUSTINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! ;)
    No excuses!
  • -justin-
    edited February 2002
    Options
    AHHHHHHH hahahahahhahaaa...

Hey, Micah and I just put our systems up in the system showcase, so go and check it ouuuuuuut!

~JB
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    Options
    justin, it's looking good. i am hoping to get you some pics. of my set-up soon...
  • -justin-
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by TrappedUnder Ice
    Ok.. I sent it again..you loose this time..and I'm giving you Micah's "crusty sock" award!!!
    thanx..
    thomas_A

Are you really Trapped Under Ice, cause I didn't get anything yet! Did ya send it? Where the hell are these email going?

~JB
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2002
    Options
    What are the chances of getting the camera to Matt and/or Paul's house?

THAT would be a fun peek.

Cheers,
    Russ

PS, Micah, Jesus Saves????
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Can you see that thing in the photo?

Every day for like a year I drove past that sign, posted off the road about 20 yards into a field at a busy major intersection in Myrtle Beach. Day in and day out. I just had to go get it.

So one day, in broad daylight, I simply went halfway thru the intersection, pulled over, ran out of my car with wirecutters and cut the sign down and brought it back to my car. It's hand painted on a rubberized vinyl or something, very folk-art, very weird.

I've had it ever since. I keep waiting for the spirit to come to me. Notice also the funny little print of The Last Supper near the Cotton Candy sign. One's from a real circus, and the other is from an old frame I bought in a junk store (and used for other things). You'll have to decide which is which.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Man, I had that EXACT same one about 10 years ago. It was the first piece of furniture that I actually bought in a furniture store.....Cool HT though, props to you.

Driving through the South, you would be amazed at the freaky things you see on the side of the road.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Micah, what's with the spike foam stuff glued to your ceiling?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2002
    Options
    A) The couch also looks like every couch in every **** movie I've ever seen: white with thin blue stripes. Got it at an Aaron Rents & Sells Warehouse in Baltimore for about $100. (It's not the first couch I ever bought, but I understand the idear -- you shoulda seen that one: looked like a yak vomited its dinner into a pile of tree trunks. We just left it behind when we moved!)

2) The spikey stuff is eggcrate foam, left over from the wall-sized sheets of it on the wall under the black fabric. I Super-77'd some swatches of it where Paul said there would be "reflections." I doubt the patches of foam do anything actually, but hey... Looks like they might, huh?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited February 2002
    Options
    It's not eggcrate! It's NASA Space Tiles! Trust me; I know. I'm the NASA Space Tile master.

Aaron
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    Options
    My father inlaw ran the crew of 200+ that installed the tiles on the space shuttles. Yeah, we toured the Columbia, it was cool.

If...
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Holy $hit man, never heard from you on the post but that HT is insane. What is that all about? That sound system would destroy a mobile home. Looks like a recording/sound studio.
    Man that must sound awesome. You need a 15' front projection system just to give it justice. And then start chargeing more than your local theater. Ha! Very cooolll! :eek: :)
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Ok.. I sent it again... I"m using your links that you gave..and used the one at the system showcase gives.. I dont know whats up?? sniff..sniff..

TrappedUnder Ice:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Tyrone, you need to get on here, and tell us a little more about your set-up... very sweet indeed!!!
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Ok Justin.. no comments now??? whats up?? with the show case?
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited February 2002
    Options
    BumP... Justin...helloooo??? anyone home??? arrrrrr!!!:mad:
  • -justin-
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Sorry about that, first time I've looked on the forum all day.

Still haven't gotten anything from you. My only guess is maybe our firewall can't accept the pictures if they are too big.

They should be 700 pixels wide and 72 dpi. Just zip them and send me the file (again, I know, sorry, but I'm not gettin' em!)

If this doesn't work, then burn a cd and send it in!

~JB
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    Options
    (again, I know, sorry, but I'm not gettin' em!)
    Sounds as if you are talking about Micah and women, Justin.

If...
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Justin... posted to the showcase site just an e-mail...see if that even gets to ya?
    thomas a.
  • -justin-
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I didn't get anything yet.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited February 2002
    Options
    that is wierd.. I sent just an email..no pics..and you did not get it.. whats up with that????:confused:
  • -justin-
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Your email is krunked. Try sending something to this address:
    jbright@web1.polkaudio.com

If this doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.

~JB
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Justin..
    I sent you an email to the above site..did you get it??
  • -justin-
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Negative...looks like you'll have to send a CD unless you figure out what the problem is.

~JB
  • Ron-P
    edited February 2002
    Options
    You two should get this episode on Jerry Springer.

If...
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Hello

Just sent in my system to put up on your showcase page. Nothing spectacular like some but will give people and idea for a middle of the road system. The whole thing is brand new and has been a blast researching and putting it all together. It sounds fantastic and we aren't ones for mind numbing decibals but are ones for clean sound and a clean picture which this definately provides.

Anyway "talk" to you later.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Justin..where would I send the CD too.. dang it....... this is unbelievable... (meanwhile...justins laughing... cause he has gotten all my e-mails...and is just **** with me?) I dont get it.. anyway... I'll get it sent soon-I'm determined now!!!!!:mad:
  • -justin-
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Ha! I wish I could figure out what's wrong with your damn screwy emails, but for now, mail them here:

Polk Audio, Inc.
    Attn: Justin Bright
    5601 Metro Drive
    Baltimore, MD 21215

Justin says to himself: "Sucker!"

~JB