Advice on Powered Subwoofer for Lexus IS300

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited August 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I love the way my factory stereo sounds, but just want to add a little "Kick" to the bass. I was thinking of either an Audiobahn or Bazooka 10" sub. Any suggestions on what I really should do?? I want the sound to stay clean and sharp.

Thanks for any help:)

Jeff
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited July 2004
    If u dont want to take up alot of room...

I would look for the Infinity Basslink -- you can get them for 200 or so shipped from an online store...

They have 2 10's - one active, one passive

200 watts

Servo - the works

To tighten up the bass, fire the passive radiator into a wall, right up on it...

To make it louder and boomier, just put it away from everything else (the drivers) - very nice unit.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited August 2004
    I hope he wasnt talking to me...

Hmmm....

The Infinity Basslink, for 200 bones is pretty hard to beat I would think...

That thing can simply SLAM and with the servo, we havnt bottomed it out yet.....

But that thing is a regular BOOM Box if u keep is away from walls and let the woofers fire openly...

If you want tight bass, just put the passive radiator *not very hard to find if u just listen* against a wall and the bass will tighten up considerably....

Pretty nice, compact sub....
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • crx_si_1990
    crx_si_1990 Posts: 7
    edited August 2004
    DO NOT buy the basslink!!! I helped my boss put one in his IS300 and we pulled it back out the next day because it sounded like crap. Spend a little more and get a nice 10" and a small amp, you'll be much happier.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    whats your budget?
    dont get a basslink...
    can you build your own box?(its not hard if you have a saw...just cut out 6 squares and one of em has a hole in it...)
    if you dont want to spend a lot...id grab a JBL GT10 and a HiFonics amp to power it
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2004
    if nothing else, if you want tight bass, stay away from audiobahn and bazooka... perhaps kicker? what's your price range for this (total, cause the suggestions we throw back might include amps and boxes)?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2004
    Here is what I would do. I will solve all your bass problems.

Buy this Polk Audio MM12 and then use this Coustic 800s (400x1) to push it.

Total cost is about $400. All the bass youll need from a quality subwoofer and amp.

This may be more than youre willing to spend but if its within your budget it would be perfect. It will provide plenty of extra punch but best of all, if you decide to upgrade your factory stereo, youll already be set for your sub.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D