Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited February 2002 in Car Audio & Electronics
well i'm going to get

2 mm100's

or

2 mm120's

for my acura integra gsr .....what are the major sound deferences between these subs.

from what i have been told that the 10's will have better sound quality and the 12's will hit harder and lower

my main goal is sound quality i dont like ghetto bass

i currently have mm465's in front 5.25dbs in rear
alpine cda 7977 head unit,
amps are

my amps are alpine f407 for mm465's and db's,,,and by your recommendations its not enough but it totally rocks in my car "can turn it up as load as i can stand it and not hear any distortion..... but why is that, because my buddy is runing 2 mtx 8302's bridged on just one set of mm465's
""""""like 300 watts per each side and i think mine sound just as good if not better,,,his sound hollow at loud volume

my sub amp will be a alpine t757 i think it will be enough, but if its not i plan on getting the 1507 for them

so what do ya think,,, when i get it all done i plan on post'em some pics on the polk site

sorry for the long post

thanks jaron
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Hey jdog1,
    I would think the 2 10" would sound very nice in an Integra, it has a small cabin like my ProbeGT too.
    The 12" would be a little overpowering in the base area I think, especially if you don't want that.
    The T757 would work nice if you did bridged 2ohm load which would give about 600Wx1, but I don't see any specs on running it that way on Alpine's site. Polk uses this amp, I believe, in their demo vehicles so Kim can probably let you know if my idea will work for this amp.
    If this doesn't work the next step up is the 1507, but Alpine has taken this amp off their site. So can't help you there quickly.

By the way, isn't that 7977 nice, I just picked up mine this weekend and it freakin' rocks.

L8r,
    Ken
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing