Carver C-9...

Options
steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,522
edited July 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Anyone ever use this outboard Holographic generator on their system? Just curious. You see them on ebay for next to nothing, thought about buying one just to check it out...
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2004
    Options
    If I remember correctly, George said that the hologram effect from the C-9 used with the C-2 preamp was better than the one from his C-1 preamp.

SH is a cool feature. Some like it some don't. I don't think it's as convincing as SDA but I do like it.

I'd say pick it up and give it a try, as you say, they can be had for next to nothing. Look for one with the manual as proper speaker setup is critical for SH to work.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • steveinaz
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Thanks bud, I might give it a shot...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I use one with my LSi15's for 2 channel listening. I like the effect on some but not all CD's. If you have a bunch of older CD's (early 80's) you might want to find a Carver Digital Time Lense as well. It really helps improve the harsh sound of early CD's.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • steveinaz
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Back in the 80's I had the Carver CD Player (can't remember the model) that had the DTL circuitry--it was really helpful on awful CD's. The CD player, though, was way too picky. If your CD's were anything less than pristine condition, they wouldn't track for ****--so I got rid of it.