• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    nah, Im 100% positive that I wont have a new amp before my next truck
    1. theres only 2 more amps i will be buying
    2. one of the amps in 3000 watts...my electrical system wont handle it
    3. the other is 300x2 and my diamonds wont handle it
    and
    4. after all the work I put into the amp rack on my current truck...theres no way I'm going to do any more work on it and make it look cosmetically weird with 1 amp difft. than the others
    you can look up Cadence on www.usacaraudio.com
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • exalted512
    edited August 2004
    oo...and i got an email with my tracking number for the diamonds...but im guessing theyre just out on the dock ready for pick up tomorrow since UPS doesnt have the tracking number in their data base
    might get them on friday depending on where they ship from
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited August 2004
    theyll be here on monday!!
    woohoo!
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2004
    Cool. LOL Im looking forward to it almost as much as you are. :D

Ive always wanted to do an A/B comparo with Diamonds and Momos. Now all thats left is a Focal/Momo comparo. Ive heard everything else I like.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited August 2004
    i love the smell of new speakers...
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    I love the smell of Circuit Citys. They have had that same smell for as long as Ive been going there which is at least 15+ years.

Everytime I walk into one it immediately takes me back to when I was a wee teenager going in there and looking at all the cassette players!

That was when the MTX Road Thunder boxes were popular.

Their top end amps were Coustic Power Logics. I still have one of my old ones. A 160A. 35x2 but at least 50x2! Ive had that thing for 12 years now and it still works. I hooked it up last year for the hell of it and it sounded as good as my Alpines!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited August 2004
    well im trying to figure out dimensions for a new box for the brahmas but i dont think im going to be able to without taking measurements of the sub first...
    im trying to make this as small as possible...and theres only one angle im worried about...
    the box goes under the seat and then comes up in front of it a couple of inches to make room for the sub to be mounted to
    its that angle where it goes up that im worried about...so i guess im just going to have to wait...
    they should fit in my current box though
    i just need to add a foot of space to it...
    ahh...cant wait...theyre shipping out the backordered subs and i still dont know when mine are getting shipped out...
    i want them now!!
    lol
    the diamonds will be here in 4 days:)
    i love getting new audio equipment...it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside;)
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited August 2004
    got the diamonds in today!!
    taking a break and eating a sandwich...i havent eaten lunch and its already 4 oclock b/c ive been working on getting these things to fit
    my truck comes with 6 3/4" speakers and these are 6 1/2" speakers...
    going kind of slow right now...
    i have one mid that will be fully installed in about 1 minute once i start working on it again
    i think the diamond crossovers are bigger than the polks...so this means i might have some trouble with em
    back to work...the passenger side shouldnt take nearly as long...hopefully...
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    Hell yeah!

I cant wait to get your impressions on how they sound and especially how they compare to the mighty MM6!

• exalted512
    edited August 2004
    well I finally got them installed...it took me forever
    I had to cut out a piece of plywood and screw it to the door...then screw the speaker to the wood
    worked pretty well...after i got them installed and went to put the panel on there was a corner that i had to saw off so the panel would go on...but i did it with a hack saw and it took about 30 seconds on each side
    i have pics...i just have to get them on sounddomain first...then ill post em here
    i also had to open up the hole in the sail panel to get the tweeter to fit
    and i had a semi-hard time placing the x-overs

diamonds:

pros-much more detailed...
    i was listening to just the mids and there was one part where i could hear something on the diamonds that the polks totally missed...and i was running the diamond off the polk crossover...
    the tweeters are more detailed as well...same 'smooth' sound that i like from the polks, the sensitivity is greater on the diamonds...i had it set up where the drivers side was all diamonds and the passenger was all polk...when i had the balance on even the diamonds easily overwhelmed the polks

cons-dont like the way the crossover is set up
    its not adjustable at all, its too big, and i dont like how the terminals are across the long side instead of the short side
    the x-overs are VERY beefy though...much more than the polks...i dunno why...its way overkill, rated at 20 watts higher--they dont handle the power quite as well as the polks

polks:

pros-the bass these things produce is unmatched by the diamonds(granted they are bigger)...i also like that they will fit most vehicles without alteration...except maybe a spacer to make room for the huge magnet, small low-profile, adjustable crossover, can handle more power, cheaper by $60(Authorized)

cons--not as detailed, too deep of a mounting depth, i dont like the way the cover on the crossover is...its too hard to take off--i wish you could be able to get to the terminals without having to take off the cover

overall:
    even though the mm6s can handle more power, i think the diamonds might have a slight edge on being louder
    the diamonds have more detail, the polks have more bass

if you dont want to run subs, the mm6 set is def. the set for you...you wont get the low end with the diamonds
    if you have subs and dont think the $60 extra is worth the more detail you get from the diamonds...get the diamonds

ill have pics up pretty soon...im going to upload em to sounddomain right now...but i have dial up so it might take a while...
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    Good deal bro. Glad ya got em in. Diamonds are awesome!

How do they look? They look new and not some remanufactured ripoff?

So you think the MM6 tweeter is about the same as the M6?

Im most critical of tweeters because my heavy metal is murder thru a set of crappy tweets.

I know both the Diamond and the Polks are silk domes but keep hearing about the MM6 tweet being too harsh. Although Ive heard the MM6 several times on the CC sound board and never thought they were, Ive never heard them in a car cranked up.

Oh, and who did you finally order from? Onlinecarstereo.com?

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2004
    i dunno what people are talking about there... properly adjusted and eq'd, the mm6 tweets are very sweet... maybe it's cause people keep them at the -0.0 dB setting instead of starting at -6.0 like polk says to...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited August 2004
    the m6 tweeter is a good bit more detailed than the polks...hands down the better tweet of the pair
    there are no blemishes at all on anything...im positive they are just as good as if you went down to your local shop and bought
    bought em from onlinecarstereo for $230 shipped to my house with a 1 yr warranty through onlinecarstero...2nd time ive ordered from there and never had a problem...they were shipped out the same day i placed the order and got an email with my tracking number...WONDERFUL company to deal with
    tomorrow ill put some heavy metal in and tell you how it sounds...maybe even tonite if i have time...i still need to clean up my room and shower
    but so far i dont think they sound harsh in the least bit
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited August 2004
    one thing i forget to mention
    the diamonds do have one cool thing about their crossovers...its called RAF, or rear acoustic fill
    from the owners manual:
    "the raf outpit is unfiltered to maintain a correct phase relation ship to the front stage, however, the output is attenuated by -10db to optimize for typical vehicle size and length. m64.1 or m65.1 drivers are recommended for rear fill purposes, as the sound is 'timbre-matched' to the front system"

i thought that was pretty cool...i dont run rear-fill though

btw...the diamonds only have a 1 yr warranty if you install them...so youre getting the same thing from onlinecarstereo
    you can get a 3 yr warranty on them...but only if a diamond dealer installs them
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited August 2004
    want pics?
    here they are:
    (sorry for those of us that are still on dial-up...they have all been sized down quite a bit so hopefully it wont take that long)
    enjoy
    531337_51_full.jpg
    531337_54_full.jpg
    531337_57_full.jpg
    531337_58_full.jpg
    531337_55_full.jpg
    531337_53_full.jpg
    531337_52_full.jpg
    531337_56_full.jpg
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited August 2004
    MacLeod-
    I just put them through a metal torture test consisting of Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People, Nine Inch Nail's Closer, a few songs from The Union Underground, and Van Halen's Runnin' with the Devil, Eruption, You Really Got Me, Ain't Talkin Bout Love, Jamie's Cryin, and Feel Your Love Tonight. All I gotta say is...:D

these things passed the metal torture test with flying colors...they hurt my ears...but not because it was harsh, but rather because they're so damn loud and clear!
    two thumbs wayyyyyyyy up
    I think these are the speakers for you...I really do...
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited August 2004
    now you just need to bi-amp them with a US Amps TU-4360 for 75x4 of tube power ;):p
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    Thats cool as hell! Metal is about the hardest music to reproduce well and if the Diamonds are doing with ease thats no small feat.

So ya saying you liked them better than the MM6? No shame to the MM6 tho since these Diamonds are more expensive speakers.

I did get a chance to listen to my local Diamond dealers demo vehicle which is a Tahoe. It did sound pretty damn good!

The coolness was mainly due to the 2 12" Diamond subs getting 1 kilowatt each! Every kick drum parted my hair but it wasnt overwhelming and actually blended nicely with the music. That is REALLY hard to do with so much sub power.

• MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    I just wish I had the cash to go out and buy speakers right now.

I change my mind everyday!

From the MMC6500, to the MB Quart Reference, to the Diamond M6 to the JL XR!

I wish I could just get a soundboard of all those speakers and listen to them side by side for about an hour!

• MTXMAN
    edited August 2004
    All Hail MacLeod, King of the double posters ;)

what is that like 3 times today? no wonder your post count is over 1k :p
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    I dont know......

• MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    ....what youre talking about. :p

• MTXMAN
    edited August 2004
    lol...

YOU'LL BE FINE!!!!

:rolleyes:
  • exalted512
    edited August 2004
    so do you guys like the plywood?
    lol
    mac-snag the m6s up from onlinecarstereo for $230!
    i promise you youll be pleased
    i want my fuggin brahmas already!!
    theyll be here first or 2nd week of september...
    i hate having spent 640 bucks and nothing to show for it...
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    That is a pretty smokin' price. I may go down to my local shop and see if I can get him to come down or else threaten to take my business to the internet.

I know he probably wont come down much if at all but if I could get him down to $275-300 I would rather buy them from the shop. If not Ill look into onlinecarstereo.com since youve had good experience with them!

Youve got me wanting to buy speakers now!

No! Damn it! Ive got to get my sub situation sorted out first! ;)

• exalted512
    edited August 2004
    haha...i always have that "i want to buy new speakers" feeling:D
    yesterday i found out someone i know can get me the m661s for ~$200 fully authorized...ahhhh!
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    Isnt that what you already have?

And HOW THE HELL DO YOU KEEP FINFING PEOPLE LIKE THIS??

My Gawd! You live in a town with a population of 23, including the cattle! :D

• exalted512
    edited August 2004
    I have connections:D
    jealous?
    and yes its what i already have...if i hadnt installed the damn things already i wouldve sent em back...lol
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    Boy, thats gotta piss you off finding $40 cheaper speakers. Eh, consider it paying $40 for having your speakers a week or so earlier. ;)

And YES Im jealous!

If only I could find a connection like that for Xtant!

• exalted512
    edited August 2004
    i need to find one for USAmps...
    -Cody