Big kick right in the SDA ballbag....

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Now that I have your attention, whats a good going rate for SDA 2b's? A pair floating on eBay near Austin, about a 3 hr drive to pick them up.....

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Don't do it, man! Don't go over to the dark side!

Aaron
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I think I have heard mixed reviews on the 2B's? Correct me if I'm wrong. I can recommend the CRS+, 1C's, 2.3TL's SRS SDA's and 1.2's.
    Sure would hate to see you get a questionable model. Check it out just in case. The 1C's in my opinion are the best of all worlds if you can find a pair reasonably priced.

Why don't you come on over to the dark side with us. It's really great over here. All is good with us. Life is better over here. Make the leap. We really like to pull people over from the other side. Take the plunge. Don't look back. Jump in head first. Make the change. Turn a deaf ear. Run willy nilly. No second thoughts. Forsake all others. Come on, you can do it. Over here...over here...over here...

You get the point.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I've seen 2Bs go for $350 in fair condition to $600 in excellent condition. (If the SDA interconnect cable has been lost, it could be a problem/project.) I've sold a set of ex.cond. 2Bs with original boxes; papers and cable for $600 myself.

I've had two pairs of these and still own one. The only weak point of this model is in the lower bass region. Other than that I feel they are a pretty good speaker.
  • raycomics
    raycomics Posts: 78
    edited February 2002
    Options
    "Luke (RussMan) I AM your Father" Poppa Darth
  • mcowan
    mcowan Posts: 21
    edited February 2002
    Options
    The only ones worht owning in my opinian are the 1.2's or the 1.2tl's. These speakers will break bones if you walk by the at high volume levels and good bass thump hits them It really does hurt. I have a set of 1.2's being powered by 2 Hafler DH500 bridged amps with Musical concepts mods making them right around 900 watts each. Gives me chills thinking about it. Come to the dark side.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2002
    Options
    As nice as they are...

I realize this is the opinions forums so I'm not going to call your opinion of your 1.2s wrong by any stretch...

I also think it's a stretch to claim they are the only ones worth owning.